Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

changing grips and positioning.

merlinhog
merlinhog
United States
2001/07/17, 08:06 PM
I was in the gym doing legs today and a guy told me that when doing calves, if you do one set toes in and one set toes out, more of your muscle will be worked. This is a good idea to do on all excercises I think. For instance on barbell curls, alternate wide and close grip to get a better range. Just a thought on gaining more totality of muscle use and size. Feel free to comment. The Hog.
mongrel2012
mongrel2012
Australia
2001/07/18, 10:22 PM
yeah changing grips is a great way to change the angles at which your muscles work. Thats why we have the EZ-Curl bar :)
the_w8lifter
the_w8lifter
United States
2001/08/03, 11:59 AM
I disagree with you guys a little. For calves, try alternating standing raises with donkey raises. This will do more to work the entire calve and changing toe position and is much more safer. Changing the toe position is not natural and makes little difference. For bis, the curl bar has advantages. I use one often. However, the barbell is superior and there are many more effective ways to hit the bis from different directions. Preacher curl - lower bis. Standing concentration curl - upper outer bi or the "peak". Incline bench curl - full range of motion with no cheating allowed.