Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

What do steroids do to women?

cafenervosa
cafenervosa
United States
2004/05/13, 10:40 AM
I know this is a natual bodybuilding site, and don't worry I'm IN NO WAY considering ever taking anything like steroids or testosterone. However, I'm a pretty big fan of Oxygen magazine and notice a rather disturbing similarity in a lot of the hard core female body builders they feature in the mag. They all have the same facial features! Anyone else ever notice this? They all have wide spaced eyes and very square almost jowl-like facial features. It looks like their nasal passages have spread. They all look like drag queens!! Is this a side effect of testosterone or steroids (or are they both the same thing, I don't know)?

The magazine never, ever promotes steroid use, or even mentions any kind of supplaments, creatine, aminos. It only give straight diet and workout advise. However, I can't believe that most of those women look that way on accident. What's going on? Anyone know?
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2004/05/13, 10:53 AM
Oygen is a great mag.
Heavy doasges of certain analbolic steroids can cause significant unwanted physical, as well as mental, changes in women; this is obviously in addition to the increase muscle mass, density, and strength. I know what you're describing, though, and it is also a side effect of the GH products that many are using today as well.

--------------
Michael

Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!
Chaos, Panic, Disorder.... Yes, my work here is done!

rev8ball@freetrainers.com
disinterment
disinterment
United States
2004/05/13, 01:33 PM
It is mostly the HGH that causes the change in facial features in women.

--------------
AnabolicKnowledge.net

\\"Bodybuilding is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.\\"
cafenervosa
cafenervosa
United States
2004/05/13, 02:31 PM
What is HGH and why does it do that?
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2004/05/13, 05:46 PM
HGH is Human Growth Hormone. It's produced in the pituitary gland, and influences growth of cells, bones, muscles and organs throughout the body. It's production peaks during your teenage years. So, knowing what it's for, you can see why it affect someone that way when they take too much - more than the body can use.

--------------
Michael

Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!
Chaos, Panic, Disorder.... Yes, my work here is done!

rev8ball@freetrainers.com