Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

protien struggles

werre7stw
werre7stw
United States
2004/05/03, 10:03 PM
I cannot seem to ever get enough protein to meet my goals. I am lucky to get 200g when i am supposed to be at 338. Today i had a foot long turkey sub w bacon, 3 1 lb chicken breasts, Protein Shake, I fish fillet, 2 yogurts, 6 whole wheat muffins. also creatine shake. Any ideas on a better way to reach my goals. It seems like I am eating and still suplementing. it seems like i would need to eat non-stop the entire day to reach my goal. How are others doing it. The carbs dont' seem to be a problem.. I am still seeing good gains on the 12 week mass program as far as strength and some noticable muscle gain but i would like to make sure my muscles are recovering like they should with the proper protien. I notice peanut butter is very high in protein but also high in fat. Would anyone recommend peanut butter? Also is there any good tasting shakes out there. Taking MetRX berry blend and it sucks. Also been trying to eat eggs but the gain from that seems small. Also eat tons of steaks but that doesn't seem to add up either.
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/05/03, 11:23 PM
Are you eating 5-6 times per day with small meals high in protein?