Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Routines

timmstar
timmstar
Australia
2004/04/30, 02:57 AM
can someone give me a routine that helped them build up quick, like something that they found good for them, but i want a routine that would be good if it isnt anymore than 3 or 4 days a week and i heard pre-exahust suppersetting is good so doing that with some sorta compound movements does anyone know some sorta good thing i rpolly sound dumb on dis but ye be sall good i only got a bench and freeweights barbel n 2 dumbs so ye thnx in advance
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/04/30, 04:47 AM
Start by filling out your profile. The english is tough to translate. But good luck

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am a beast and that is enough.
timmstar
timmstar
Australia
2004/04/30, 05:01 AM
eh im new here um how do i make my own profile.. and what would a profile me making have to prove to answering my question..? :)
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/04/30, 02:41 PM
It will give us a basis on where your at and where you want to go. There is a link at the top of the screen that will help you fill the profile out.

--------------
I am that
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am a beast and that is enough.
timmstar
timmstar
Australia
2004/05/02, 01:35 AM
there done made me a profile for no complete reason so answer me question thankz champ...
jplatz
jplatz
United States
2004/05/02, 08:33 AM
timmstar, use the FT program for mass. It should help you get started.

--------------
Pain is but a threshold to greater strength.
timmstar
timmstar
Australia
2004/05/03, 04:33 AM
ok i posted this question to have an answer not to have stupid ass bs crap but anywho ill live wif it considering ur just people on a message thread. choose to answer or just be the way u r... sorry if i sound lyka jerk but im just straight n blunt to de point nge ttin aggrivated dat dis site is to help people not tell em to just go look around... i alrdy kno da crap dey have on dis site and half the crap they got in the routines for mass they give me they dont even give me deadlifts.. sometimes they cut out squats and benching.. 3 par main compound movements in my opinion... i asked a quesiton refering about pre - exhaust supersetting if u dno wot dat iz or cant help me.. den fine i undastand BUT dun reply.. saying to search on dis damn site wen dis site haz shit for the limitations im givin anywho ban me off i couldnt car eless now bye
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/05/03, 06:52 AM
Timmstar I should not sink to your level, But your command of the english language is horrible. Maybe with better question in understandable english you will get the answers you seek. BY the way no need to cuss on theese boards. And yes you sound like a complete jerk!!!!! Pre exhausting and supper setting are more geared to body building! not power lifting!

--------------
I am that
GOWAR
GOWAR
United States
2004/05/03, 07:25 AM
hey couz , just chill dawg, if u dont like dis site dont use it!!!
dahayz
dahayz
United States
2004/05/03, 07:39 AM
Yeah, you need to learn how to spell. I am sure you make your english teacher proud.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/05/03, 08:04 AM
Well I can answer this for you. preexhausting and supersetting are two techniques that I feel are great to use but not at the same time. The reason why you were directed to look around is that there are literally hundreds of routines on this site some made thru FT others posted by members. If you want to add mass the best way is to use higher weights and lower reps. Use preexhaust and suppersets to bust out of a plateau (where you have stopped making any gains), and or as a short change up to your normal routine. so I hope this helps, and oh yeah no swearing please and remember that some answers take time so just take it easy! Hope this helps!

--------------
LIFT HEAVY! BECOME STRONG, LIKE BULL!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/05/03, 08:05 AM
OH yeah...boys play nice!:angry::big_smile:

--------------

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
timmstar
timmstar
Australia
2004/05/04, 03:02 AM
mmaibohm by replying you already have sank to my so "called level" weather or not my "level" is higher or lower;) think about it enough said to him goodbye.

- "Be who you are and say what you feel because people who matter dont mind and people who mind dont matter." Ill talk how i like :) thankyou

7707mutt Thankyou for your help but i am currently at a plateau and was told to look into supersetting and was wondering if someone knew a routine with supersetting that had helped them along the way i understand about lifting big and lower reps and i understand about rest thanks again 7707mutt seems there is a nice person within this message board :) you get the medal ;)

So if i may ask again does someone know a routine to bust through a plateau that had helped them, i want to mainly increase mass, and increase those main movements in my opinon of Deadlifts,Benching, military press's and squats. All i got though is freeweights and a bench ( no machines routines please, besides machines are shit for gettin big im told ) so yea thanks again

:big_smile: :laugh::laugh::dumbbell:
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/05/04, 04:32 AM
Way to go timmstar much better I have used a couple of work outs from the abc body building web site check them out. The first is 8 weeks to bigger pecs and the second is animalistic shoulder blitz.
Overview of 8 workout program

Workout's 1,2,5,6

Incline Barbell bench presses

12, 10, 8, 6, before you rack the weight hold it fully extended for 5 seconds.
note: if you cannot get the targeted amount of repetitions use rest pause method to do so.

Flat Barbell Bench Presses

10, 8, ( if you can't get targeted amount of reps without using rest pause at this point then drop the weight by
20 pounds ) 8, 8, before you rack the weight hold it fully extended for 5 seconds.
note: if you cannot get the targeted amount of repetitions use rest pause method to do so.

Machine Fly's

Using the one and 2 half rep approach perform a double drop set on the machine. Start with a weight that you can get 8 repetitions. Drop the weight by 15 percent when you reach failure. Perform set and then drop it one more time by 20 percent. Your done!

Workout's 3,4,7,8

Incline Dumbbell bench presses

note: if you cannot get the targeted amount of repetitions use rest pause to do so.

Flat Dumbbell Bench Presses

10, 8, ( if you can't get targeted amount of reps without using rest pause at this point then drop the weight by
20 pounds ) 8, 8, before you rack the weight hold it fully extended for 5 seconds.
note: if you cannot get the targeted amount of repetitions use rest pause to do so.

Incline Dumbbell Flys

Using the one and 2 half rep approach perform a double drop set on the machine. Start with a weight that you can get 8 repetitions. Drop the weight by 15 percent when you reach failure. Perform set and then drop it one more time by 20 percent. Your done!

How to apply this to your lower and outer chest

If your lower chest is more problematic then your upper chest then I would suggest starting with decline presses as opposed to incline presses. If you outer chest is a problem, then perform your two half reps on the bottom of the dumbbell flys as opposed to the top half. Example:

Decline Barbell bench presses

Incline Barbell Bench Presses

Machine Fly's

Using the one and 2 half rep approach perform a double drop set on the machine. Start with a weight that you can get 8 repetitions. Drop the weight by 15 percent when you reach failure. Perform set and then drop it one more time by 20 percent. Your done! Note: When you change over use decline dumbbell
shoulder work out follow a,b,a,b for 8 weeks
CONCLUSION
Here is a summary of both the workouts;

Workout A
Push Presses 5 x 8/6/6 final drop Superset Front Raises 5x8
Double Cable Lateral Raises 4x12
Dumbbell Shrugs 5x10 supersetted with Dumbbell Holds 5x30 seconds

Workout B
Dumbbell Presses 12/10/8/6/8/10/12
Upright Rows 5x8 supersetted HEAVY Barbell shrugs 5x8
Reverse Fly’s 5x12

If you follow the program for the 8 weeks you will experience not only immense pain BUT also immense growth! If you have any questions I can be found roaming around the boards most days or alternatively my PM box is always welcome to answer questions!

--------------
I am that
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/05/04, 04:46 AM
Also I am not a bad guy :( ill do anything for a bud! you just came across very cocky. SO my appologies now quit reading this post and start moving some weight!!!! - Mike

--------------
I am that
timmstar
timmstar
Australia
2004/05/04, 07:32 AM
mmaibohm im sure your a great guy and you mean all well but maybe we just come off on two different terms. and two different foots, i dont know the abc body building web site also this essay thing you given me doesnt make much sense as for a workout seems more like a buncha copy paste stuff refering about my chest pecs clevicals or what ever you want to call it. anywho thanks again im sure... i found something usfull elsewhere gonna put to test starting next week =)

-tim
Isabelle-1997
Isabelle-1997
United States
2011/04/17, 03:17 PM
can some one give me some routines for losing weight but toneing my body and giving me muscle strength:dumbbell::love: