Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

What's up with the automatic sign-out???

ursusarktos
ursusarktos
Canada
2004/04/23, 11:01 AM
This is something I find extremely frustrating! Whenever I attempt to give a well thought out or thorough response on the forum, by the time I've finished and hit "post it", I get signed out and all the time spent composing the message is lost.

Is this something that the administrators can fix?

I just spent 1/2 an hour composing a message to answer a question form Relique, & it all just disappeared. Dare we take the time to proofread our posts lest we go over the time limit.

I apologise that this is not specific to strength training or powerlifting, but it is the only forum on this site that I visit.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrgh:angry::angry::angry:
2004/04/23, 05:18 PM
You've been helpful to me many times and I'd like to reciprocate but I can't. The sme thing happens to many here. The only sure fire solution is to type the longer replies into a word program and paste it here. I've hit the back/forward button when doing a long post. Sometimes it loses the post sometimes it doesn't. Hope this helps.

--------------
A problem ceases to be such when you can laugh about it.

Charlie
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/24, 10:02 AM
try typing your response in word, or something similar, and then pasting it in, much less frustrating.

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
ursusarktos
ursusarktos
Canada
2004/04/24, 11:47 AM
Charlie & Asimmer,

Thanks, will give it a try (blood pressure is back to normal now :big_smile:)
pimple
pimple
United States
2004/04/24, 04:59 PM
man, you guys need a real man's browser...

http://www.opera.com

it'll probably take you a little while to get used to it, but once you do, you'll never go back to IE EVER again... if you want helpful tips and/or just need help using it, just post and/or email me... there are sooo many reasons to use opera over IE, so i'll just name a few just so you'll be half convinced to download it:

1) you just type something on a textbox (like the one where you type your messages on this site), hit the back button as many times as you please, then hit the forward button as many times as you please, then go back to the textbox... your message will still be there... you can click however many buttons you please, and then click the back button that same amount of times and your text will still be on that text box...

2) opera is cross-platform

3) opera has great memory managment (very handy for teh serious internet surfer, namely Pimple)

4) opera is virtually bug-free

5) internet explorer is virtually a big-old bug altogether

6) IE is made by MICROSOFT! *foams at teh mouth*

so yeah, don't waste your time opening up the word processor program and just go download opera already!

oh, one more:

7) if you have twenty four million websites opened on opera at the same time, adn you close the windows (or the computer crashes or whatever), you can just reopen opera and choose the "back to where i was" option, and the smae twenty four million websites will come back up so you don't have to reopen them all manually...

--------------
:: http://www.mvhsbreakers.com ::
pimple
pimple
United States
2004/04/24, 08:13 PM
well, i've been using opera for years now, and i've yet to receive a time out message/error while using this website... i do have to login every time i visit the site, though, even if my browsing session is still running... i don't know, maybe it's because i never spend more than two minutes TOPS typing a message here... but still, though, you owe it to yourself to download opera... research shows that opera users live an average of twelve and half years longer than IE users... you do the math... heh...

--------------
:: http://www.mvhsbreakers.com ::
goodoldtex
goodoldtex
United States
2004/04/25, 07:38 PM
this site only signs me out once a week. Every saturday i have to put in my user name and password. Otherwise, it stays the same...one time i typed a response, forgot to click post it, when i came back i just hit Ctrl+a then Ctrl+C to make sure i had it copied....refreshed the post and pasted it again and posted.

I dunno why others might have the problem