Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

a little help

millenia
millenia
United Kingdom
2004/04/22, 05:00 AM
When i was about 16 i used to starve myself and i lost 2st, i used to weight 16stone when i was little but now i weigh ten stone. The problem is i dont get hunger pains anymore but i get really dizzy and end up fainting smetimes. I eat conflakes for breakfast, soup and maybe a fruit bar for lunch and then maybe a veggie burger and fries for dinner. I walk about an hour a day and do 200 sit ups at least every day ....could you help me out what im doing wrong? Thanks Gemma
jcannuck
jcannuck
Canada
2004/04/22, 05:22 AM
Hi Gemma, how tall are you? Forgive the ignorance, but how does a stone convert to pounds? At first glance, you're diet is really out of whack, you're probably not eating enough, and what you are eating is all wrong. Give us a little more info so we can help you properly. Thanks!
millenia
millenia
United Kingdom
2004/04/22, 06:09 AM
Erm i think there is 14 pounds in a stone i think so maybe i weight like 140pounds! not really sure what more you want to know.:( I am 5'5!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/22, 08:35 AM
millenia - welcome to FT.

Fainting and dizziness should not be taken lightly - get checked out for a doctor. most likely you have low blood sugar or low blood pressure, but get checked out before you start any exercise routine.

Your metabolism is probably very low at this point, but not to worry, you can fix it!

You are going to need to add food gradually to get your calories up.

Walking is good exercise, but your body will adapt so that it considers that nromal activity level, not extra. change it up with some faster intervals or a different type of cardio. If you have access to a gym, start a weight lifting program. If you don't have access to a gym, check out the at-home programs here on FT.

You can get results, but you have to apply the advice you are given.Starving yourself won't lead to a healthy bodyweight, it will lead to more health issues.

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
millenia
millenia
United Kingdom
2004/04/22, 12:35 PM
Yerah i dont starve myself anymore, and i do have low blood pressure, sorry i didn't say that. I just don't like the feeling when i eat. Its like i dont like the feeling after i eat, i feel bloated and bigger. My tummy also extends as well.:(
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/22, 10:26 PM
I find when I eat lean protein and vegetables that i feel light and energized after meals... maybe it is what you eat and not just the act of eating itself that makes you feel bloated?

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
millenia
millenia
United Kingdom
2004/04/23, 05:20 AM
Lean protein is that like chicken? sorry :(
Maybe it is what eat, i should sit down and write out what i eat in a week then look at it and change things on it. :big_smile:
Anni313
Anni313
United States
2004/04/23, 05:53 AM
Hi millenia,

Yes, lean proteins are low in fats, so yes, chicken, fish, lean beef, etc. Look for the post title bodybuilder grocery list and print it so you can refer to it often.

Yes, keep track of what you are eating. You can use the nutrition tracker on this site or go to fitday.com and use that nutrition tracker.

Also, spend time on the diet/nutrition board, there are tons of posts discussing food choices and how to incorporate them into a good diet. It doesn't look like you are eating nearly enough and that your diet is carb heavy.

Last, but not least, listen to what asimmer is telling you and implement her suggestions, she absolutely knows what she is talking about.

Ask lots of questions and keep pushing!:love:

--------------
Anni

Have you hugged your EFAs today?
neiltilley
neiltilley
United Kingdom
2004/04/23, 06:29 AM
Gemma love, not to try and force feed you, but doesn't a chinese takeaway meal leave everyone feeling a bit hungry an hour after it? So have a chinese once a week as a treat to see if it helps with re-gaining a better appettite. Doesn't have to be big!!! I get hungry after eating fruit too! Make sure you have 5 or 6 small meal sittings daily and get in 5 fruits/veg and loads of water.
Oats are good in any diet too.. And keep posting!
Now you must congratulate yourself on what you have achieved eh? You have got to 10st, it's a good reasonable weight at 5' 5'' from the 16st you were!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You are not starving yourself and use a web forum for support! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are looking into your diet and lifeplan. Planning your future- CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Losing four stone(56 lbs) is a huge sack of potatoes. You are an inspiration to us all! So keep us inspired by you with good healthy results.
millenia
millenia
United Kingdom
2004/04/24, 11:23 AM
I did'nt look at it like that thank you! :big_smile:
I will eat less carbs and more lean protein, oh and i just bought myself an excersice bike and some weights :big_smile: