Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Last minute tax filers

Valrash
Valrash
United States
2004/04/16, 11:21 AM
I was up untill 12pm last night to file my taxes and I think all the legal mummbo jumbo is harder than a workout, and about 20x worse when you end up having to do them last minute. Lol, my dad said he'd do mine and they got pushed back untill finally he told me I'd have to get to them (granted I should of took the initiative and got them done when I seen them starting to get pushed back) but man, can the government give us anymore rings of flaming hoops to jump through to get the stuff done, not to mention the headache of a possible audit? You ask me, it's all crazy.:(

--------------
A determined mind is the best weapon in any situation, a strong body is the road to victory. G.R.C.
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/04/16, 04:54 PM
If not doing your tax returns till the last second is half as stressful as not doing some GCSE coursework till the night before then i feel for you buddy:(
Valrash
Valrash
United States
2004/04/16, 05:00 PM
Lol, well if you don't get all the info correct they can take away more than your b-day depending on the mistake and how much $$$ it equivlates out to here and that doesn't include the stress of having to learn what all the legal mombo jumbo is. This was the first time I did my own, before my mom or dad did them for me and didn't explain a whole heck of alot. Plus you have to have all these forms and know where to put them in and how to fill out all the paper work, I had a particularly bad one this year that even piled it on harder for me.:( My federal ones are filed now, so I have to get state and locals done and that's a whole new circus act and tent.

--------------
A determined mind is the best weapon in any situation, a strong body is the road to victory. G.R.C.
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2004/04/21, 12:44 AM
My CPA is STILL trying to figure mine out... :surprised:

--------------
Michael

Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!
Chaos, Panic, Disorder.... Yes, my work here is done!

rev8ball@freetrainers.com
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/04/21, 12:54 AM
Use turbo tax. Unless your in rev8balls boat and own your own business.

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am a beast and that is enough.
2004/04/21, 10:25 AM
I got my refund yesterday. I sleep with my CPA... married her too.

--------------
A problem ceases to be such when you can laugh about it.

Charlie
Valrash
Valrash
United States
2004/04/21, 02:16 PM
Lol, I did use turbo tax, but I had to learn what exactly I needed to do and find and everything else. I didn't just recieve W2's this year, next year may not be as much as he** as it was this year, especially since it will not be the first time I've done them myself next year. Course I could just be a ditz when it come's to tax mombo jumbo.:big_smile:

--------------