Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Wellbutrin XL

kpolov
kpolov
United States
2004/04/14, 06:28 PM
Has anyone had experience with this antidepressant? I just got prescribed it and I'm scared i'll gain weight because half my problem is dealing with weight.

neiltilley
neiltilley
United Kingdom
2004/04/15, 09:05 AM
are you deppressed or overweight or both, or not overweight or just deppressed and think you are overweight?
Answer honestly to yourself!
Deppression I know about, as I was out of control for a while. But had good medical care, so... Honesty with myself was a major factor.
You have been prescribed to by your doctor. You tell him your problem and so he makes a calculated move on your treatment. So trust him. With all anti deppressants it's the effect on your wellbeing not the drug. I didn't eat while deppressed, which was unhealthy for me I lost weight. Once prescribed to and getting a smile on my face I put on a few pounds as I was eating again. Some people do this the other way around don't they! Binge eating to make happiness!

My advice is take the medication, but pre-plan a healthy controlled diet- balanced, not a fad. Make sure your fridge is set up for this. So when you feel good and hungry you've got oats, fish, nuts and wholesome foods to eat/snack on... I left myself with chocolate ice cream, chocolate and cookies- So yeh my antideppressants did put on weight due to my bad choices. Plan your choices well it's best and bravest!
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/04/15, 09:11 AM
Please post a question once! thanks:big_smile:

--------------
LIFT HEAVY! BECOME STRONG, LIKE BULL!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com