Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

weight belt questions

mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/04/09, 11:38 PM
I know this is a much heated topic on the use of belts. I choose to wear one because my lower back is a weak spot, and it was engrained in my head in high school. I am wondering how do I get a belt to fit right. The one I have been wearing does not seem to fit right. The arch in my lower back is so deep the belt does not conform to it. I find myself having to stick a towel between my back and the belt to get the support I feel I need. I currently have a valeo leather belt that has a taper to it in the back. Would a inzer power belt conform to my body better?

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am a beast and that is enough.
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/04/09, 11:39 PM
accident not shure what caused double post

--------------
I am that
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am a beast and that is enough.
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2004/04/10, 07:45 AM
Get rid of the belt and train your trunk. The belt is a crutch if it is used for every set. Use it for max effort sets. I don't use a belt for anything. I hit 520 off of the box and didn't have a belt on. If you need a trunk plan let me know.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/04/10, 01:43 PM
I totaly agree with Gator on this one. I wore a belt for years. Then I lost it and since then have been belt free. I only use one on max deadlifts.

--------------
LIFT HEAVY! BECOME STRONG, LIKE BULL!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/04/10, 03:35 PM
Thanks guys! Gatormade if you could give me some ideas for a good plan that would be most appreciated. Thank you - Mike

--------------
I am that
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/04/10, 07:03 PM
wear ito n heavy lifts( deadlifts and squats maybe) but don't just wear it the whole work out. I sed to do that in high school lol, then when I went to a gym to work out they didn't have any lol, so I had to use my own suport rack lol. But where them on heavy lifts if it makes you comfortable, then after its over, take it off, and do your other workouts without it... If you let it be a crutch then it wil be, but i wear them only for my heavy sets of squats and deadlifts

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn