Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Some Friendly Advice!

LadyVictoria
LadyVictoria
United Kingdom
2004/04/07, 05:29 PM
To help shed those pounds :)

I personally like setting myself small targets of weight loss to keep me motivated, like 7lbs each time :) It a Physiological thing I guess!

I find it's more realistic to set smaller goals as at the time they seem more achievable (and not so far out of my reach) and each time you reach that target I feel motivated to set myself another :)

Physiologically if you set yourself large goals that will take a long time to reach they seem much further away and with some people (myself included) you can loose interest/motivation of your not at that target within a relatively small amount of time.

It’s great to have goals for the long term but I know as well as anyone how hard it can be to keep motivated on a day to day basis when you have a lot of weight to loose. I just take each day as it comes and the longer I stick to my healthy eating the more it becomes a way of life and it has to be for the long term and not just for a few months only to return to old and poor eating habits!

Also another thing I’ve done to help keep me motivated is as I ‘Shrink’ out of my larger clothes I get rid of them. I the past when I’ve tried to lose weight I’ve kept them and ended up wearing them again but this time I’m not going back, LOL

Ok, I’ve had my ramble, LOL :big_smile:

I hope this might help someone out there and feel free to message me if anyone needs any extra help/motivation.

I’ve really had a breakthrough in the last few months and I’ve been there and done it to get where I am today and I hope I can help others out there too!

Take care

Lady V!

yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2004/04/07, 05:32 PM
Well said...

t

--------------
Tim

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self."

Aristotle

TimDay@freetrainers.com