Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Weak area

mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/03/26, 11:33 AM
I got a question for you guys. Other than the lower back which I am working on. Why is it that the shoulders seem to be one of the weakest part of your muscle structure. They are needed in allot of other movements but yet they seem so weak. I deff give props to rev8ball if he has made his
300+ military press!! The more I work on the shoulders the more I realize how sick of a weight that is to do.

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am a beast and that is enough.
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2004/03/26, 02:03 PM
My shoulder press is a weak area for me. My traps are a weak area too. I'm working on it though. I have been hitting extra heavy shrugs during the week. I have noticed my deadlift getting stronger because of it too.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/03/26, 03:34 PM
yea one good thing about cheerleading, is its keeps my shoulders pretty strong, and unfortunally cause of cheerleading I can't train them much( except for traps) cause it zaps my strength for practice, Although I can't military no 300 lol But on a good day I can use 75's for alternating arnold presses 5 or 6 times. Cause I gota be able to hold them girls up huh? lol

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn

Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/27, 12:55 AM
I've got short arms so my power stroke is shorter and more powerful than someone with longer arms...for the most part, because there are always exceptions. The body is a tricky thing. :cool:

--------------
Baseball is wrong: Man with four balls cannot walk.

Jdelts@freetrainers.com