Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

1141 squat Brent Mikesell

gatormade
gatormade
United States
2004/03/11, 05:14 PM
Check this out: http://66.235.16.23/brent/wpcworldscalgary2003.html

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2004/03/12, 09:56 PM
i saw him at a powerlifting meet. The guy is amazing. He put up 1052 like it was nothing. He didn't do any more (not that he needed to in order to win, the second place squat was only like high 7's.) but it was still amazing. The bar was bent like ive never even seen before. I got to speak to him afterwards because my uncle was one of the coordinators of the event, (imagine, this is my 16 y/o nephew who isnt into bodybuilding like most kids his age and who happens to be one of your biggest fans) He said his next goal is to get the "mystical 2500lb total" and i believe he can do it. The most amazing thing about this, is that when he was a teenager, he shot off one of his fingers, and since then, has only been limited by his grip on the deadlift. He said he was most impressed that at i was one of the only teens there not interested in physique, and to "never let the man in the mirror determine whether you accomplish your goals." I have that on a banner in my room, and after my goal poster that i have on my ceiling "NYS Div I Wrestling Champion", it is one of the first things i see when i wake up in the morning.

--------------
"I get up in the morning around six to run for about an hour. Later in the day, I lift with a partner. Following my lifting sessions, I usually do speed and agility drills. Later, I drill all my holds and moves."

'Isnt that lifestyle boring?'

"Yes, but the gold medal is very shiny."
Ichiguchi
Olympic Gold Medalist
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2004/03/12, 10:05 PM
update on that: The meet was last year, so its been a while, but after looking over the site, i noticed, hes already gotten the 2500, he hit 2512. I wonder whats next for him?

--------------
"I get up in the morning around six to run for about an hour. Later in the day, I lift with a partner. Following my lifting sessions, I usually do speed and agility drills. Later, I drill all my holds and moves."

'Isnt that lifestyle boring?'

"Yes, but the gold medal is very shiny."
Ichiguchi
Olympic Gold Medalist
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2004/03/14, 01:15 AM
Depends on how long he stays big-injury free. Powerlifting is a sport of attrition. Eventually you get hurt, just how bad is the question.