Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Increasing Calories

Anni313
Anni313
United States
2004/03/06, 12:00 PM
Hi,

I hope I'm not the only person here. I have a bunch of trouble getting enough calories and keeping my interest in food high enough to search out foods that I will actually eat. Somebody on a different discussion board suggested that instead of eating new foods, just increase the portion size you are currently getting. It sounds simple but it never occured to me. I made it to 1000 calories yesterday with no junk food using that suggestion. I hope this helps someone else.

Anni
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/03/06, 05:11 PM
Increase your calories by consuming from the right choices.
You may want to increase your Carbs by choosing complex carbs, good fats, and higher amounts of protein. you should
Hope this helps.

--------------
\"A will finds a way, failure is not an option\"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/03/06, 08:01 PM
Your answer lies in calorie dense foods as opposed to nutrient dense if you are looking for pure caloric increase.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
Anni313
Anni313
United States
2004/03/06, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys. At this point I'm just trying to get used to eating. I've been living on less than 800 calories a day for a very long time. Finding foods that I will eat on a regular basis is kind of difficult, but I'm trying really hard. I eat lots of veggies, mostly chicken and fish and hard cooked eggs. I'm using the diet tracker though and I'm making progress. I got 1000 calories again today and I walked a mile in 20 minutes. I don't want to gain any weight, I want to lose weight and in the process I've developed an eating disorder over the last several years. Convincing my brain that food is not a bad thing is a constant battle.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/03/07, 04:45 PM
Check out my post "grocery list for a bodybuilder" in the specific diet section. Many great choices in there for your needs.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
big_j_scf
big_j_scf
United States
2004/03/07, 06:20 PM
one peanut butter and jelly sandwich has 500 calories...good way to get a lot of calories quick and easy.
neiltilley
neiltilley
United Kingdom
2004/03/11, 07:07 AM
read my answer to I'm afraid and the same persons other topic from 10/march/04..

Eating more does help weightloss... More of the right things of course...
below 12oo calories and your body will fight to store fat to save it's own life... You are giving it a famine,
YOU KNOW IT! BE HONEST YOU KNOW IT!

You must be deppressed too? Get a note pad, do your measurements, weight and all.. Make a goal weight(be it higher or lower) based on 'normalweight advise' magazines and/or your BMI index or something. Write down your goal. Tell yourself you can achieve this goal. Make a food diary and fill it in daily, think of a motivational statement daily- like ''i enjoy eating lamb steak''- write it on a slip of paper, stick it in your pocket- read it every hour or two. Plan to have lamb that evening.
tommorrow ''i love apples- i always eat fruit'' have an apple with lunch and in the evening after dinner..
Everyday have a plan. Have a goal. Have your own motivational tip.
People believe how they talk.. Do you know anyone who has achieved something buy saying 'I can't' or 'I will try'. NO OF COURSE NOT.
I WILL
I LIKE
I CAN... It's not rubbish- Try it