Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Severly Overweight

Margaret7
Margaret7
United States
2004/03/02, 11:41 PM
I am very Obese woman who is very acttive at times and always on the go. last year I had to have my gall bladder removed and they told me Ineeded to lose some weight so they could do the laser surgery without having to cut me. So I worked my but to the bone and I lost weight but not as much as I should have with the way I was eating and excersing. Now I just have given up on it but I want to get back into it, What can I do to keep my self motivated, I have a treadmill and I get depressed becasued I only can do it for a little while before I run out of breath and on top of all that I have Asyma. :(
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/03/03, 07:37 AM
Hang in there it's a constant battle you can win it. My friend who has asthma has gotten better with excersize. Again stick with it do what you can and you will get better. Check out my inspirational post down the page a little further - Mike

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god.
fsdsk
fsdsk
United States
2004/03/03, 09:03 AM
I work in the healthcare nutrition field, and have seen some tremendous changes in peoples weight - more than that, it changes thier whole outlook on life. Take a picture of yourself now, then in 3 months, then 6 months. Look at how you are changing. Keeping a journal may also help you.
Last thing, accountability never hurts. Find a friend that will kick your butt when you start to give up.
Good Luck and keep us posted!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/03/20, 09:33 AM
Margaret7,
The hardest part is getting moving, once momentum builds it is easier.
Set some small, attainable goals - maybe your time on the treadmill is a good place to start with. It is something you can measure your success in. Try setting a goal of five minutes a day to start out. Give yourslf a gold star on your calendar every time you do your five minutes. The next week add two minutes. Again, gold stars on the calendar - i love looking at my calendar and seeing the stars that mean i hit my goal that day. It is also an eye-opener when my progress stalls and i look at my calendar and -lo and behold- there is a stretch of days with no stars!!!!
This is something you can do! You have fouind a great source for information and support here at FT.

Remember that every day is a new opportunity, so get up each day, put the past behind you and move forward - towards your goals.

There are so many facets to weight loss, diet, exercise, rest, mental attitude and beliefs.

I recommend Dr Phil's book because he gets into why we overeat and why we treat our bodies badly. He gives a no-nonsense approach to weight loss.

I have worked with quite a few very overweight women as clients and the one thing that you will find is good is that your body is ready to give up fat easier than a leaner person - so you can get tremendous results when you decide to!

Don't shun weight lifting, either - it will bring you success and results and boost your self-esteem to no end!

Please stick around here and learn al you can about exercise and eating right.

Check out the grocery list for a bodybuilder (we are all bodybuilders, really) in the nutrtion forum, it will help you pick foods to aide you in your journey.
Also, check out my post GET MOTIVATED, it has many tips from different experts to get you motivated and keep you excited.

Good luck and when you need support - just ask, we are all here because we are growing and learning and want to help!

--------------
"To be able to go to the gym and train hard is a joy and a privelege, even though the hard work necessitates driving yourself through considerable discomfort. Savor this privelege and blessing, and revel in it."
Stuart McRobert, Beyond Brawn
jcmills
jcmills
United States
2004/03/23, 10:55 AM
You have to belive in yourself. You did not put the weight overnight and it is noot going to come off over night. I pray and ask god to take away my cravings for food and not to let the devil take over. You do have control of what you put in your mouth and walk a little a day until you get up yo 3 or 4 miles a day. Also drink pleant of water and write down what you eat and you will be suprised at how much you eat.:big_smile:
Kyrah
Kyrah
United States
2004/03/23, 11:01 AM
jcmills is right, when I started drinking more water and keeping track of what I ate during the day <love the nutritional tracker> I started losing with out even uping my excersize. Now I am slowly adding more to my workout as I can handle it! Keep us posted on how you are doing, if you need motivation or encouragement just add a post! We're all here for you! :love:

--------------
Love me as I am . . .
Let me worry about how I look!