Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Gain muscle mass!

avinueza
avinueza
Costa Rica
2004/02/25, 11:26 AM
I have been going to the gym for the lasts 12 months, I used to have some extra pounds, but not anymore, I burned them!

In the process I also lost some muscle mass, and now I really want to gain all that mass and MUCH more. Do I have to workout with heavy weighs? Eat more? Should you recomend a supplement?

Your advice is apreciated!
2004/02/25, 11:31 AM
Eat more healthy foods. Lift heavy. YES to your questions. Supplements? need more info about you. {profile} A good post workout whey supplement will always help almost everybody.

--------------
Some times life is like herding cats.

Charlie
avinueza
avinueza
Costa Rica
2004/03/01, 09:52 AM
Thanks Charlie, does this take long?, when should I see results?
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/03/01, 11:27 AM
Lift heavy and eat right thats the foundation, lift a good amount of weight that you can control and get at least 80% if the reps by your self........as for time...that depends, all the championchip body builders and the ones on this sight(bb1, jdelts to name a few) it took them several( many) years to get the bodies they have, don't get discouraged, the great pyramids wheren't built in a day

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn

avinueza
avinueza
Costa Rica
2004/03/05, 10:34 AM
Tks bigA, I´ll follow your advice and won´t be discouraged about not seen results imediately. Thanks!
slimbigstick
slimbigstick
United States
2004/04/25, 05:05 PM
I am a slim guy 6ft 120 lbs Im new here and I want to gain wieght and muscle mass in addition to the program recommended do you guys have any tips:)
varom
varom
United States
2004/04/27, 07:13 PM
slim, get a good program and stick with it. eat a big breakfast every morning. take creatine and have a protien shake before and after you work out. eat FOOD, not crap. You'll be amazed.

============
Quoting from slimbigstick:

I am a slim guy 6ft 120 lbs Im new here and I want to gain wieght and muscle mass in addition to the program recommended do you guys have any tips:)
=============
Relique
Relique
United States
2004/04/29, 03:21 PM
Hey there guys, I am fairly new to the site too, found a LOAD of great info here. Here is what I learned, and it worked for me! I have lost weight, but gained mass on my muscles, I have a good 30 lbs of fat to loose, so the loss is great and I can tell my metabolism has increased.

#1 eat a good ammount of protien, and make sure you have enough carbs to energize your system. Learn how to decifer the cravings, (took me trial and error) and feed them properly, there is some good info on the nutri. thread.

#2 Lift heavy light reps. Pyramid reps are good, here is what they are; 8 reps x 60% (of your max)
5 reps x 75%
3 reps x 85%-90%

at first, I found that I could work a muscle group 3 - 4 times a week, just a days rest, but after progressing a bit, I found 1 day on 2 days off to be the best for any of my muscle groups. Obviously I am still working on it, I don't think you really ever stop.

#3 Protien shake and/or Criaten. Lol as you can tell by my spelling, I just use protien, I want to gain mass, but have desided to stay away from the big "C" just my feelings were that I could hurt myself if I have too much juce in my system, I have a tendancy to over do it anways, that stuff would make me pull something. Anyways, get on one or the other or both, from what I have gathered, Protien = must, Criatien, personal preferance. The type of protien you want is Whey Protien, I use Cel Tech brand, but there are a ton to choose from! Good luck gentielmen!! I look forward to your future posts and share what you learn!!

PS, though I have learned a lot from a lot of guys (and girls), GATORMADE is the man! he has some great stuff.

--------------
Sean "TBAR" Johnson -USAF-
Relique
Relique
United States
2004/04/29, 03:23 PM
lol ok, reading my post, let me correct.

I have gained muscle mass (taped my arms) and lost fat weight.

Lift Heavy weights, but few reps.

Kind-a confusing there, sorry

--------------
Sean "TBAR" Johnson -USAF-
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/05/02, 10:27 AM
There's NO quick and easy way to gaining lean mass. It has to become a lifestyle. Don't take advice from guys who do steroids either, they can be misleading.

============
Quoting from avinueza:

Thanks Charlie, does this take long?, when should I see results?
=============
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/05/02, 10:32 AM
The only way you are gonna gain 30 lbs in two months is if you get really fat. Thats a bit much. It takes time, commitment and patience. Eat big and lift big, the results will come. I can't tell you when, but stay with it and it will become addicting. One day you'll wake up, look in the mirror and say "DAMN! Jdelts was right". Weight training and fitness is a lifestyle, NOT a 2 month stint. Good luck
============
Quoting from slimbigstick:

=============

--------------
AUGUST 14th...NEW YORK, NEW YORK...MUSCLEMANIA ATLANTIC STATES...I WILL BE VICTORIOUS.
LETS GO METS!!!

Jdelts@freetrainers.com
Ksix
Ksix
United States
2004/05/20, 12:30 AM
Hey Im 18 years old 6"6 and about 195 pounds ive been working 3 times a week for about 12 months. Before that I was around 168 pounds, so i did gain some weight. Only problem is I still look skinny and I really can't tell a difference when im looking at my old photos am I doing something wrong? I usually do benchpress,box squat,jerk press,lats,arm+wrist curls, and rows.

--------------
-----------------------
pepe@dcemail.com
archetype52986
archetype52986
United States
2004/05/20, 11:54 PM
I'm not a huge expert, but that seems to be a big improvement. I've been lifting heavily for about 3 years now, I also notice that I don't seem to be a whole lot better off in my old pictures. However, it seems to be mostly psychological. If you talk to someone you ain't seen in a while, they'll probably notice it. Your mind doesn't seem to be able to discern the difference, even in photoes too. After I came back from college, a huge number of friends commented on my growth, even though I didn't seem to have noticed any from pictures and stuff.