Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

wrist pops when curling

vikingchild
vikingchild
United States
2004/02/23, 06:02 PM
my right wrist pops when kept straight as in hammer curls.it is fine in normal curls bu twhen straight or reversed it pops abou tthe time my arm reaches the halfway point then seems to be ok until next rep

--------------
Dave \"lost viking seeking Valhalla\"
MyCoffeeGirl
MyCoffeeGirl
United States
2004/02/25, 11:20 AM
You know, we were all answering the general area...but here's my answer again ;)

It's just the tendons (I think - the rubbery ones) slipping over the bones. What's probably causing it is that your wrist can get a little inflamed from lifting heavy weights, which can move stuff around in there. I would recommend trying a wrist brace or tape when you do those exercises...perhaps try a little ibuprofen or something before your workout and see if that helps. Also - you might want to ice it to help any swelling go down.

Mind you I'm not a doctor...just VERY injury prone Very. Doing some curls should also help, also stretch your wrists after/during workouts.

--------------
~~~~~~~ROXIE~~~~~~~
http://www.mycoffeegirl.com
2004/02/25, 11:35 AM
Viking , some popping is normal. If it doesn't hurt its probably ok. If it hurts and doesn't get better with reduction of intensity in workout, see the Doc.

--------------
Some times life is like herding cats.

Charlie