Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Hip and toes

lynnoakdale
lynnoakdale
United States
2004/02/05, 09:53 AM
First off my hips........or my right hip. I have went to the doc and he believes it to be bursitis. So I ice and take motrin before I run. The pain is still there but if I run on a treadmill it doenst hurt as bad then if I run on the road. I have taken time off to let this heal but no matter how long I take off it always seems to find its way back.....should I be concerned with this or learn to live with it?
Ok a year or so ago I broke my little toe on my right foot and this 2 has been broken twice and I think it is the same place. My question is here lately I have noticed that that toe has been going numb whil running it doesnt hurt but it feels numb and I am not sure why. I believe that it didnt heal correctly because I can run my hand over the skin and feel where the bone was broke (there is a bump there) and it healed the way it is right now.....
Should I be concerned about this and could this have anything to do with my hip hurting becuase they are on the same side of the body.
I feel like i am falling apart.......any adivce is appreciated.

--------------
you can lead the horse to the water but you can't make them drink.....

~lynnoakdale
JessicaR
JessicaR
United States
2004/02/05, 10:19 PM
Did your doctor recommend any exercises to support the hip? I have problems w/ my right hip, too. I'm not a serious runner but it sure is a convenient way to get cardio in (and cheap).
jcannuck
jcannuck
Canada
2004/02/06, 09:13 AM
I hate to say it, but an eliptical trainer might be an option for you (non-impact). I'm 30+ as well and am starting to feel like a broken down car!
lynnoakdale
lynnoakdale
United States
2004/02/06, 10:23 AM
No my doc didnt reccomend any exercises so I jsut winged it and tried to do what I thought was best. I have been doing the eliptical trainer on most day and then the stationary bike also. I still run but not everday like I use too because I have to give the body a rest and be good to the hip. thanks for all the insight...

--------------
you can lead the horse to the water but you can't make them drink.....

~lynnoakdale