Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Smoker!!!!

AnnaP
AnnaP
Canada
2003/12/28, 11:42 AM
Hi everyone,
I have just joined FT and I am a smoker...I am at a happy weight, but I NEED to tone everything up..from my calves to my butt to my tummy...I am hoping that with my exercise plan in place it will help me quit smoking...any advice on the smoking aspect of things? Should I try and quit before I start exercising or start exercising and then try to quit?? HELP!!!!!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/12/28, 02:17 PM
Hi AnnaP and congratulations on taking the steps to a healthier lifestyle.
As an ex smoker myself, while I was doing cardio and weights, I used to go outside for a smoke break.
After seeing good progress in my training, I figured that if I quit puffing, my progress will get even better.
It was much easier to quit, and also didn't have to worry about putting on extra pounds after quitting. It is 2 years last Nov, and don't even think about it.
Hope this motivates you and helps you.
There are a lot of others on here also who quit.
Keep us posted on your progress, ok?

--------------
"A will finds a way"
Ivan Montreal Canada
nerraw
nerraw
United States
2003/12/30, 04:21 PM
Anna P come and join the merry crowd of butt kickers under the same heading on the health forum.

It's a tough gig, but we are going for it and shafting the cancer sticks with a vengance. I'm up to 40 days without a drag and I am feeling so good.

My advice: get cracking on the excersize it will motivate you to quit, if you wait until you've packed in the smokes you could end up being unfit for a lot longer than you had thought.

good luck
AnnaP
AnnaP
Canada
2004/01/04, 09:43 PM
THanks you guys....I am soooooo happy I found this website, because I am gonna need all the encouragement I can get when I quit this nasty habit!!!
Cheers!