Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Americans- Huge Snowball Cakes...

PenelopeJr
PenelopeJr
United States
2003/12/20, 03:35 PM

I find it hard to judge, because I can understand that people who are overweight are there, they don't want to be there, and it's going to be hard to get out of the Snowball State that their in. Something needs to be done in America about the foods. All of this fast foods, and HUGE servings. Like when you go to a restaurant like "Red Lobster", or "The Olive Garden". Do you really need that big of a porportion. I mean you could feed five people just on one of the dishes. But there will be nothing that can be done, because it is already done, and yes there are some people out there who are trying to make an effort to cut the rate of obesity, but it simply isn't enough. I don't have the answer, but I think what should be done, is for Americans to follow the examples of the people of Japan and China. They have a great diet, and most of their population is thin and in great shape, and why? because they ride bikes most of the time, eat rice and vegetables, instead of big macks and super french fries. Is there not something in this picture that anyone could clearly see???? Something needs to be done! The only question is: HOW?

--------------

Penelope Jr.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2003/12/22, 07:55 AM
"Americans to follow the examples of the people of Japan and China. They have a great diet, and most of their population is thin and in great shape" Yeah cause there are a huge number of them and not enough food. Americans are fat, yes that is not debateable. But you will not ever get them to change!

--------------
LIFT HEAVY! BECOME STRONG, LIKE BULL!
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2003/12/22, 04:55 PM
Only one thing comes to mind: Awareness. Unfortunately, people CHOOSE to be this way and either don't know better, don't care or opt for the quick meal (fast food).

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!