Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Can anyone answer this?

maxster
maxster
Canada
2003/12/19, 01:38 PM
Hey yall My name is Tommy. Last nite as I was working out on my chest doing incline using free weights. at the final rep of my set my left arm all of a sudden cramped up, not once but three times even though i was decreasing my weights when it happened. question is how do i know if i ripped my muscle tissue or just pulled a muscle. It was scary I dropped the weights. My left arm dropped and the weights hit the side of my face, thank god it was a minor bruise, I have a springbreak vacation to go to and having a fucked up face is no good. If you have any input/advice to give please feed me some info. It has been two weeks now and i still feel some pain when I workout invloving some of my workouts such as triceps. Should I worked it out by starting with light weights? Any info would be great. Thanks!!!!
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2003/12/19, 02:40 PM
Go see your doc! It has been more than 2 weeks now and you still experience pain. If you ignore it, then you could risk not being able to lift at all.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
JMLcmt
JMLcmt
United States
2004/01/15, 07:55 PM
I second that!
Don't Ignore pain in the gym
your body is trying to tell
you something!
mzright72
mzright72
United States
2004/01/16, 01:05 PM
It sounds as if you have the same problem I had.. it ended up being an axillary nerve entrapment.. but, it does take getting to a good chiro or massage therapist to fix it.. don't let it go too long.. as the recovery time can be minimal if you get things taken care of immediately..

Good Luck..

Amanda