Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Need some help please?

Codeajohnson
Codeajohnson
United States
2003/12/14, 01:17 AM
Hello everyone...just have a question and want to see if anyone has an answer or explaination...all right there is like 3 major groups in my grade...there is the preppy time guys who do everything there mom tells them, but they are weak, do not lift, and are pretty bad at the sports they are in...then my group the kind of jock/punk group...we have fun, lift together, good in sports and we can beat the hell out of those preppy guys...but then there is only like one group of girls that both of our groups hangs out with...and it seems that my group is like a back up plan...today we boxed those preppy guys and the girls were there, everyone in my group won but after it was over my group was left to find something else to do while the other two groups took off...sorry for this being so long...but i was just wondering if anyone knew why my group is getting ditched when we are "better" than the other group?

--------------
You must show no mercy-nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you-for your greatness will silence them all
larryg
larryg
United States
2003/12/14, 07:18 PM
Maybe the preppy's can lick their eyebrows...
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2003/12/14, 11:34 PM
God...how superficial and shallow is that post!LOL What makes you better than the other group, oh hell...I'm not gonna get into it with you. Keep Lifting for YOU not the chicks...that comes later.

--------------
If you joined the powers of TSMD and 7707Mutt, it would equal that of a freight train!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/12/15, 12:54 AM
One should never grade themselves! Like J asks...What makes your group better? Obviously your own opinion is wrong as for the girls. What can I say! GO LIFT FOR YOURSELF!

--------------
"A will finds a way"
Ivan Montreal Canada
2003/12/15, 10:17 AM
Chicks don't choose guys simply because they can beat other people up, regardless of what your caveman instincts tell you. Those "preppies" are probably well mannered, dress nicely, and are outgoing, and women respond to that. Don't worry....by your mid 20's pretty much everyone turns into a homogeneous blob of working stiffs and you won't have to worry about this kind of stuff anymore.
nerraw
nerraw
United States
2003/12/15, 02:58 PM
winning isn't always everything & sometimes it is how you win or lose that is more important than the ultimate outcome. Perhaps the other group do this better than yours, consequently is more attractive to the babes?
Get over it.....break away from the group and be an individual afterall you only need one of the girls at a time, hey?
2003/12/15, 03:38 PM
Why don't you just beat yourself up.

--------------
Living well is the best revenge.

Charlie
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2003/12/15, 04:15 PM
Is this a 3rd grade group that we are talking about here? Maybe this is a question that belongs in the under 25 forum...

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
borpillicus
borpillicus
Canada
2003/12/16, 10:55 AM
Its pretty obvious that codeajohnson is probably in junior high or high school (at least I hope). Thinking your better then someone because you lift or because you can beat them up is very shallow.

Lift for yourself, not to show off.

--------------
- Its never about how much you can lift, or how many reps you do. Its just about doing it, and doing it right.
- If your hungry all the time, your not eating enough. And anyways, being hungry sucks.

~Brad~
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2003/12/16, 07:52 PM
LOL EVERYONE...GREAT RESPONSES!!! Especially MZAKAL

--------------
If you joined the powers of TSMD and 7707Mutt, it would equal that of a freight train!
GOWAR
GOWAR
United States
2003/12/18, 11:42 PM
they left because you and your "punk jock" friends are stuck up, cocky, assholes, and i dress what is considered preppy and I'm not bad at sports and I have nothing against anybody else for what they look like. If i went to ur school and u tried some shit like that with me, there'd be some hell to pay. Most women don't like guys that are full of themselves. Don't you have anything better to do with ur friends besides try and raise urself above a group of people u know you can beat, why dont u try that crap with someone your own size.
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2003/12/19, 02:22 AM
Whoa! GOWAR, easy fella, easy. That struck a nerve didn't it. Calm down, have some dip. Just remember, you'll never see any of these people on this website during your entire life so threats are just like pissing in the wind here. I admire you enthusiasm...use it in the gym. You're a good guy GOWAR I'm just f'n with ya.

--------------
May the lift be with you.
starbell
starbell
Canada
2003/12/19, 09:13 AM
I follow a code that speaks to humility at all levels. It is called the Dojo Kun, written long ago by an Okinawan Master of the martial arts. Living by this code always me to look at all as equals and not thinking I am better than anyone else. Even as a youth I saw things that were just or unjust. Stood for the underdogs, of any group. Equality. The Dojo Kun speaks of
Respect others
Endeavour (meaning be the best you can be at what you do without pushing it onto others)
Reframe from all violent action

THese are only three of the whole dojo kun but are important to your issue codeajohnson. Try it and you might find success in your life, more than could be imagined.
2003/12/19, 01:57 PM
Or... Gowar and codea could just beat themselves up like I said.

--------------
Living well is the best revenge.

Charlie
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2003/12/19, 11:58 PM
Whoa Starbell gettin' all Fung Shui on us. lol. I completely agree, this coming from a liberal. Eastern philosophy is great, we can alot about ourselves through its teachings. Good post.

--------------
May the lift be with you.