Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Protien and training

Tndrkiss4u
Tndrkiss4u
United States
2003/12/03, 08:54 AM
I posted this in another area too because I am in need of help!

Hello! I've been a lurker for quite some time. My name is Kathie. I recently got back into training and even hired a personal trainer at the gym I attend. So far, I'm on the right track and I feel great! =) So, why am I posting? My nutrition plan is consisting of eating 5x a day. As stated above, each meal has a protien source as well as a vegetable and 'once a day' i have a carb (ie brown rice). I've been on this for two weeks so far and feel great progress. HOWEVER, and i'm about to get really personal here *blushes*, this high protien diet has my stomach in knots!!!!!! Needless to say, I'm very gassy, bloaded, and well, it's just very embarrasing!!! Is this normal? Does it stop? Is there any way to make it stop? I haven't slept well in two nights because of this. I am also about to stop this nutrition plan because of it. I do not want to at all for fear my training will not get the results I am looking for (ie tone but with a lot more definition) due to not eating properly. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone!
somss02
somss02
United States
2003/12/07, 12:49 AM
Kathie, i thought I was the only one with this problem!! LOL My trainer says the Whey can cause gas. If you are taking in alot of whey protein try to cut that down. I found that cutting out 1 of my meals did the trick and I got rid of the gas. It was so bad that there was times that I was doubled over in pain!! So I understand you. Try cutting down on your intake and if your taking in Whey cut that down as well..

--------------
on my way to my first competition!!
somss02
somss02
United States
2003/12/07, 12:51 AM
BTW, I was eating every 3 hrs. which is about 3 meals and 2 to 3 snacks a day. I cut out on the snacks (which is a High Protein Bar with low carbs. The bar had whey protein in it)

--------------
on my way to my first competition!!
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/12/08, 12:21 PM
If you read through some of the posts here you will find this is a big complaint for most of us. Do a search and look at some suggestions that have worked for others. With me dairy is a big problem, and wheat. Don't be embarassed, you are not alone.

--------------
~Victoria~
...Do not be discouraged; everyone who got where he is, started where he was.--anon
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
Tndrkiss4u
Tndrkiss4u
United States
2003/12/08, 02:32 PM
thanks guys!!!!!
I'm not taking in that much whey protien..so luckily that isn't it. I also eat every three hours and I'm finding the more protien I'm taking in the more of a problem it's becomming.

I'll keep trying to figure it out. :)