Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Shoulder Injury

Awz
Awz
United States
2003/11/17, 10:38 AM
Doing squats the other day I failed to look if my partner put the right weight, which he didn't. As soon as I lifted it off the rack I ended up trying to balance it and managed to pull my front deltoids. I'm going to take the week off from any exercise involving them, and ice it on and off when I'm not in class. What else should I do? Is there anything else I should avoid? It's painful only when any pressure is applied to it, the right side is worse than the left, which was the side he forgot to add the weight to.

Jerald
maxster
maxster
Canada
2003/12/09, 10:34 PM
If you feel a sharp pain in your shoulders then you must of torn some muscle tissue in your shoulders, I heard it takes weeks for it to recover, try to avoid doing such heavy activity for now cause you don't wanna rip up more of your torn tissue. If you didn't torn your muscle tissue, just keep stretching now and then day to day and tell me how it goes.
Trilan78
Trilan78
United States
2004/01/25, 03:54 PM
I threw my shoulder out in javelin and have had probs wit it for a while...even after finishing the physical therapy it isn't right...like some days I will wake up and it will kill...and I don't know why...what is going on...do I need to work it??