Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Mass and strength

PowerLifter834
PowerLifter834
United States
2003/11/10, 10:47 AM
Hi,my name is chris im 17 years old.i have been wieghttraining for 2 years and have had slow times but that is normal i know.but now i cant gain anymore wieght and strength its been about 4 months and my gains are getting tougher thats normal i know but i want to know the best over the counter supplment legal i could take to get stronger besides creatine.What else will help, does anybody think no2 or andro or anything else is good.and i want to gain more mass as well.fast.Please help.and also how often should i change my routine up for heavy wieght and moderate wieght.cause im not much of a beliver in training to light.thanks chris
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2003/11/10, 10:50 AM
Before you jump on the supplement train, post your plan here and we'll take a look at it. I don't take supplements and I gain all year round. I change my plan every 3 weeks to keep it fresh. I also take a week off every 6-9 weeks. You have to rest to recover. At 17, you should be able to gain a lot because of certain hormonal responses that are greater in your body then say a 30 year old.
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/11/10, 01:12 PM
gatormade is right on all counts. Post your training/diet/rest regimens, as well as fill out your profile. I'm sure we'll be able to help out.

Good Luck...

--------------
Michael

Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!
Chaos, Panic, Disorder.... Yes, my work here is done!
PowerLifter834
PowerLifter834
United States
2003/11/12, 10:53 AM
thanks for answering i appreciate it. i filled out the profile stuff. my training is very ununique its pretty normal 1st day i train chest and shoulders and i usually do bench,incline,crossovers and peck deck.for my shoulders i do military and up right rows.2nd day i do bies and tries,3rd day i do legs and back.and then i rest one day and come back.for my diet i usually eat when i feel hungry.i just dont eat junk food or snack i jus eat regular 3 meals a day and,here and then ill eat fruit or a bowl of salad or something.and i drink alot of gatorade and milk and alot of white grape juice thats stuff is good and water.and i drink my protein drink.thanks chris
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2003/11/12, 10:54 AM
What kind of reps do you perform for each exercise?
PowerLifter834
PowerLifter834
United States
2003/11/14, 11:02 AM
Ususally go heavier each set but my first set is 8 then 6 then 4 reps for my last set.
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/11/14, 02:05 PM
If you’re training as a beginner powerlifter, we’re going to have to tighten up things on both ends -
On the training side: I wouldn’t do shoulders and chest on the same day; it’s just going to take away from your bench in the long run. You’ve got your bench, but where’s your deadlift and squat? Without getting too specific in the beginning, and since you’re just starting out, why don’t you try something like this: Monday – Squats; Wednesday – Bench; Friday – Deadlifts. These are your primary lifts; learn them. The auxiliary lifts/muscles can be done subsequently. Practice and master perfect form. Keep it around 6 reps and heavy (for now). Once you get this down, then you can start incorporating more specific training regimens, such as dynamics, ROM, and singles.

As far as your diet goes, you are plain not eating enough! You will not be able to lift heavy or sufficiently if your body doesn’t have the fuel. Eat lots of low GI carbs (high GI immediately following a workout), tons of different proteins, and good fats. We’re talking 5-6 meals a day. Also, make sure you’re getting lots of rest. The body only heals and grows when it is able to repair itself.

At your age, your body is still screaming out testosterone: take advantage of it. You do not need supplements. Lift hard and correct, eat like a moose, and you will grow like a beast.

Best of luck…..

--------------
Michael

Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!
Chaos, Panic, Disorder.... Yes, my work here is done!
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2003/11/14, 02:59 PM
Rev is right. Using Rev's schedule here is what your week might look like:
Monday
Squat: wt x reps x sets
wt x 2 x 15

leg curls:
wt x 10 x 3

Back hypers
wt x 10 x 3

Abs

Wednesday:
Bench
wt x 5 x 3

DB bench
wt x 10 x 3

Tricep exercise of your choice
wt x 10 x 3

1-arm DB shoulder press
wt x 10 x 3

abs

Friday
Deadlift
wt x 3 x 5

RDL's
wt x 10 x 3

Reverse hypers
wt x 10 x 3

Abs

This is a fairly basic schedule. If you have any questions just ask. Now you have two schedules to work from. Give each one a try. Perform one for 3 weeks then the other for 3 weeks. good luck
PowerLifter834
PowerLifter834
United States
2003/11/18, 10:24 AM
thanks for the help i really appreciate it.I will do what you say and see what happens the only thing is thats alot of food.oh well in need it.thanks again,chris