Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Shoulder blade pain

muller252
muller252
Ireland
2003/11/08, 05:23 AM
Since just before I joined ft I've been getting a pain just below my shoulder blade, toward the spine. It appears to be affecting my lower neck and the shoulder muscle by the collar bone. Could this be from a poor warm up or lifting too much weight, or bad technique?
cobinrox
cobinrox
United States
2003/12/23, 09:23 PM
Having similar issues; just saw ortho doc. His opinion is weak scapular muscles and suggested several exercises and "see what happens for the next 30 days". Exercises really seem like just stretches to fully extend and then squeeze the shoulder blades. Will let you (and doc) know in about 30 days if anything improves, but not holding my breath.
mzright72
mzright72
United States
2004/01/16, 01:14 PM
sounds like weaker back muscles.. typical of most people .. when we go to the gym.. you always see people training chest and anterior shoulders very hard.. but, when it comes to the back and posterior shoulders... we dont' typically work as hard and they become weaker than the other muscles.. they need to be balanced out.. seated low rows.. bent over rows.. should help.. and working posterior delts.. also making sure to stretch the pecs will help to give the back muscles more "room" to move.. hope this helps..

Amanda