Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Diet

hcolantonio
hcolantonio
United States
2003/09/11, 05:21 PM
Hi. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good diet to get shredded. i have muscle, but it is definatley under a laye (or 2 )of fat!! I tried one that was so freakin boring: chicken, oatmeal, egg whites and an apple. I just tried tweaking a diet of unlimited protien and veggies (no starchies) and it is working well. I have started to introduce some carbs back in b/c I know it is not feasible to go forver without. Can anyone share a diet that works for them i the long run. I know diets are so individual, but maybe some interesting ideas!!?
Thanks
richardjst
richardjst
United States
2003/09/12, 03:03 PM
I am on just like the diet you listed first, I don't enjoy it much but I know it works, so i way the benifits and opportunity cost, to me having good tasting diet is not as good as achieving a six pack.

--------------
If hard work and persistence were the keys to success, most people would opt to pick the lock.~Dick
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/09/12, 03:09 PM
I think everyone here is on a pretty boring eating plan most of the time. After a while you learn how to spice up the stuff so it is not so boring....at least not all the time.

--------------
~Victoria~
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2003/09/13, 10:46 PM
There are a lot of posts about this subject. DO you just want to get shreded to be shredded or do you have a goal date?
You could try carb cycling, or you could up your cardio a little. Forcing your body to give up fat is harder the leaner you get, especially for women.
My pre-contest diet was pretty dull, about 10 times a day I ate 3 oz chicken, 1/4 cup rice and 1 cup of broccoli or other green veggies. 2 gallons of water a day. It also depends if you want to do a carb cycle, or a ketogenic diet. There are lots of options. before you switch, though, take some polaroids in a posing suit/bikini. Stick with your current diet, and take photos again in 2-3 weeks - any small change visible? Your diet is still working if there is any change, don't switch until you plateau.
Good luck!

--------------
Challenge + Consistency = Results