Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

HELP I'm Growing a bellY!?? Yikes!

anewfoundsin
anewfoundsin
United States
2003/08/03, 01:43 AM
Well I'm 22 and I gaining weight on the tummy area. Whats the best, most efficient way to lose those extra inches around the waist???? I gained about 4" in the waist in the past 3 months.
timbaland
timbaland
United States
2003/08/03, 03:12 AM
Diet. Some running wouldn't hurt either. Cut down on the amount of fast food, candy, fried food, and the amount of sugar (in general) that you eat each day.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/08/03, 10:44 AM
Wow, 4 inches in 3 months screams at me that your diet is really bad! You can probably go a long ways by just cleaning up your diet, getting rid of all sugary, refined carbs is a good place to start,and replacing them with quality whole grains and fiber. A diet "log book" may be of great value to you here. If you write down for just 3 days everything you put in your mouth, you will probably see immediately changes you can make. Throw in exercise with these changes and you will be on your way to fitness. Good luck to you.

--------------
Great people never want it easier, they just want to be better!
Ron
richardjst
richardjst
United States
2003/08/04, 12:31 AM
That diet diary is a life saver trust me....if you even go as far as record the carb, fat, and protein intake as well as calories you can see where you are wasting your time where you could actually eat more of one type of food and consume less calories then eating less of another type...a diet diary is what got me going....after doing it for 1 and a half weeks...my weight has been steadily going down..from 215 to 195...keep a diary!

--------------
If hard work and persistence were the keys to success, most people would opt to pick the lock.~Dick
Logger
Logger
United States
2003/08/08, 09:54 AM
diet is all i can say. stick with what timbaland and richardjst advice.

--------------
free your mind -Logger
mjroche
mjroche
United Kingdom
2003/08/27, 08:23 AM
just to ask how far do u hav to run to lose a decent amount of fat
stanlee75
stanlee75
United States
2003/08/28, 06:56 AM
More than you would want to run at one time. hehe
On a more serious note, without much information on you it's hard to give you accurate guidance. First off, filling out your profile would help with giving us a lil info. Secondly, being in the military the past 7 years I have seen, some tremendous transformations in individuals. Getting back to your question on how far you should run to loose a decent amount of fat. Well this depends, there is no set guideline that says you run 1 mile you'll lose X amount of fat. To start off with since I have no clue about your background, what kind of running experience do you have? It's best to start off with a distance you can handle. For example, when recruits first join the army, they may start off with a 1 mile run at a slow speed and gradually work it up to a mile at a fast speed, by the end of basic training recruits may be running 4-5 miles at a fast pace. Not knowing your background I give this guidance to you. Run a distance that you can handle, you should push yourself but not to the point of exhaustion. Drink plenty of water, after runs and during the duration of the day, obviousely not right before you run. The body doesn't really start burning calories until you've been performing cardio for approximately 18 minutes. So I would say start off running 18 minutes at a pace you can handle, if you have to walk during the 18 minutes do so, but try to push yourself to run the full duration. Every week increase the speed and distance according to what you can handle. If your just wanting to slim the gut a little and want to try to keep mass, I would not go past running more than 2 miles a day, at 3 times a week. I hope this helped you. I've been working for the past 12 hours so I'm tired, and I usually start rambling. If you have any further questions you can email me.