Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 102, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

ZMA

ACT3
ACT3
United States
2003/07/06, 12:10 PM
Hey all, I have a few questions about ZMA. I took it for about 8 weeks, and it worked very well. There are a few things that I noticed about it and had a couple of questions. 1) It was Extremely hard to get up in the morning. 2) I broke out with acne on my face, where I didnt have it before. Also, was wondering it would be a good supp. to take on a cutting diet.

Thanks
Al (20 years old, 6'1", 190)
ACT3
ACT3
United States
2003/07/11, 11:06 AM
Anyone?
BB1, I know you probably know this answer, but probably didnt see it.

Thanks guys
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/07/11, 06:54 PM
ZMA is great on a cutting diet. Will help you sleep through the night, so you don't wake up with those cravings and will help with strength and lean tissue repair. (anabolic hormones) Why you broke out with acne may be coincidence. I have never heard of this, I have been taking it for months, with no adverse effects. As far as not wanting to get up in the morning, this is/can be normal. See, ZMA does not induce sleep so much as enhance the quality of your sleep. Much more deep sound sleep. This is not a bad thing, you may just have to force yourself to get up. The alternative is????? For me, it is lack of sleep, waking up during the night not being able to go back to sleep, etc. I would much rather deal with having a hard time getting up.

--------------
As far as genetics go, the skies the limit. You are limited only by your mental perception of it.

Ron
tommishuck
tommishuck
United States
2003/07/15, 11:51 AM
I thouhgt that I read on one of these posts that you should take ZMA before going to bed. I have recently bought some and it states to take with a meal. Could someone help clear this up. If I take it with a meal at 5:00pm would it still help me when I go to sleep at 10:00pm?

Thanks all for any input!
tommishuck
tommishuck
United States
2003/07/15, 12:16 PM
I'm using the precision engineered ZMA. I will have to recheck the label when I get home I was really tired when I was looking at it last night. Maybe I just miss read it.
tommishuck
tommishuck
United States
2003/07/15, 12:33 PM
okay that is where I got mine from too. Like I said I was VERY tired when I read it last night. Are you having any progress with yours? I just got mine these weekend have have only used it 2 days so far (sun, Mon). I got this along with their Whey protein and Creatine. It was the best bang for my buck and seem to have the best vaules at the same time.
tommishuck
tommishuck
United States
2003/07/15, 02:27 PM
strange dreams? Probaly better left alone...

Thanks for the input! Is there any other supplument that I should be taking besides those previously mentioned for tone and definition?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/07/15, 08:40 PM
ZMA should always be taken on an empty stomach, about a half hour before bed. Never with a meal, and never, ever with calcium. They fight each other fiercely for absorbtion, and you will not get the benefits from it. There is one brand, EAS that had on the label take before a workout too. I do not advocate this, before bed is best. The only time you need it.

--------------
As far as genetics go, the skies the limit. You are limited only by your mental perception of it.

Ron
tommishuck
tommishuck
United States
2003/07/16, 10:20 AM
okay guys thanks for your input and I really appricate it, but...
I have to state that I looked at the bottle last night when I got home, mainly to see if I was completly crazy and seeing things or not and right there on the bottle it states "TAKE IT WITH A MEAL".
RW, not sure why yours is different.
I can say that after last nights leg workout that left me crawling up the stairs, I thought that I would have a hard time walking for a few days. But after talking a couple of ZMA's I feel asleep and woke up this morning and went for a jog! I wish I would have know about sooner!
nutrovitasub
nutrovitasub
United States
2006/03/31, 04:50 AM
OptiZinc is a unique form of zinc, bound to the amino acid DL-methionine. Studies have shown that zinc monomethionine provides significant protection against oxidative damage, and prevents depletion in the brain and liver of glutathione, an important antioxidant.
Zinc is a trace element which is essential for normal growth, development of the reproductive organs, normal functioning of the prostate gland, healing of wounds, and the manufacture of proteins and nucleic acids (the building blocks of RNA and DNA). It is also neccessary for over 100 different enzyme systems in the body.

For OptiZinc - Zinc Monomethionine Products :
http://www.nutrovita.com/search.asp?keyword=OptiZinc+-+Zinc+Monomethionine+

For More Information :
http://www.nutrovita.com

--------------
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/03/31, 10:36 AM
Man...even the screen name says self serving.

--------------
Hungry and mean!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/03/31, 02:54 PM
Blah,blah, blah....re-invent the wheel. :)

SPLIT HAIRS - "Argue extensively over trifles or fine distinctions; quibble.

============
Quoting from nutrovitasub:

OptiZinc is a unique form of zinc, bound to the amino acid DL-methionine. Studies have shown that zinc monomethionine provides significant protection against oxidative damage, and prevents depletion in the brain and liver of glutathione, an important antioxidant.
Zinc is a trace element which is essential for normal growth, development of the reproductive organs, normal functioning of the prostate gland, healing of wounds, and the manufacture of proteins and nucleic acids (the building blocks of RNA and DNA). It is also neccessary for over 100 different enzyme systems in the body.

For OptiZinc - Zinc Monomethionine Products :
http://www.nutrovita.com/search.asp?keyword=OptiZinc+-+Zinc+Monomethionine+

For More Information :

=============

--------------
Strength and Honor!