Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

not loosing weight

fsimmons
fsimmons
United States
2003/04/17, 08:54 AM
need some extra encouragement here and some words of advice...
i've been doing everything that i can - eating as little fat as i can squeeze out of my meals less than 39g/day and doing my exercizes vigilantly. but for the past 3 weeks, i haven't lost a pound. i know that muscle weighs more per inch than fat. but it's still discouraging to not see any loss in 3 weeks.
i plan to buy a measuring tape to track my progress, but i don't have the slightest idea of what or where to measure on myself.
any help and encouraging words would be appreciated.
thanks
ebabe1026
ebabe1026
United States
2003/04/17, 09:48 AM
Don't get so discouraged, the weight didn't get there overnight and so it's not easily go to go away either. What's the frequency & contents of your meals? You'll want to keep your metabolism at an even keel, so 5-6 smaller meals is key (along with a clean diet.)
As for where to measure yourself at, begin with neck, each arm, chest, waist, each thigh & calf.

Don't rely on the numbers on the scale as much as whether or not your clothes are fitting differently. You could very well be having muscle gains.

Give your cardio HIIT sessions once a week or so to shock your body a bit, as well as with heavy weight training.

--------------
You only get ONE body, take care of it and it'll take care of YOU!
eanderson73
eanderson73
United States
2003/04/17, 10:14 AM
Keep your chin up. I know that it is easy to be discouraged, but try not to. I have been faithfully walking and weight training since January. I am actually gaining weight now instead of loosing. I was so disappointed that I had gained when I visited the dr a few weeks ago. I was sure that I had lost when in fact I had gained. I came home, sulked a little then I got mad..and worked my rear off lifting weights. I know that I have lost inches..and I have officially decided not to particularly care what the scale says. Good luck and dont be so hard on yourself...you are becoming healthier and stronger everyday by working out!!! Give yourself credit for that much..... :-)
~liz

--------------
persistant to be healthy and strong...so I can kick butt if I wanna!!!!!!
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2003/04/17, 08:30 PM
Yes, please don't get discouraged. I am sure you will see results with the measuring vice the pounds.

--------------
Lisa

Just laugh about it....