Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Young Mom

SarahLight
SarahLight
United States
2007/06/23, 12:46 AM
I got pregnant at eighteen (I was married at 18 also) and I had my daughter at 19. I am now 20 years old and I can't seem to find any mothers that would just enjoy talking. It's hard to lose weight by yourself and not have anyone. My husband tries to be supportive, he thinks that I look great. But I am very unhappy everytime I look in the mirror. After I had my daughter my husband said it was just the weight from the baby, that I would lose it. But that excuse might work for the first few months, not eight months later. I joined this site almost three weeks ago, and I have changed myself completely. I eat so much healthier than I ever did. I have cut soda, junk food, and fast food completely out of my diet. As hard as it is, I just keep thinking that maybe in the end it will be worth it. But it would be nice to talk to other people with the same problems, or people who just want to support you.
captnmorgan
captnmorgan
United States
2007/06/23, 04:12 AM
Well it sounds like you are on the right track. My wife has had the problem of losing the baby weight as well. Just keep doing what your doing and try to make it a point to do at least something physical each day even if its just putting the baby in the stroller and going for a walk around the block.
donnaquill
donnaquill
Canada
2007/06/29, 11:37 AM
hello i'm a mother of 2 i was 115 before i had my girls now i'm 150 so i know what ya mean i'v been looking for someone in winnipeg that i could go for walks with and lose wight together but have found no luck so keep looking and doing what your doing it will all work out in the end.

--------------
lets have some fun. donna
bullhusk
bullhusk
United States
2007/07/19, 12:07 PM
I personally like to work out alone. That way Im not waiting around for my buddy to show up. I can start and stop when I want. I can do any exercize I want and in any order as I please. If I need a spot at the gym, there is usually always someone around to help. Besides, having a friend around can and most times will cause you to talk more than workout.
mgilham
mgilham
United States
2007/07/23, 05:23 AM
I know how you feel. I was married at 17 and had my son 8.5 months ago at 19 and dont really know anybody else my age that is fighting a "post baby" body. My husband says I look great too but I dont look like I want to or even like I used to. I'm young so I dont want to always be wearing big T shirts just to cover my flat tire, so I know where youre coming from. I'm glad to hear that you started 3 weeks ago and are doing good, that motivates me because I never stick to anything for more than a few days (on day 4 now!!) anyways

You can chat with me anytime!! Good luck and have fun!!
lisacormier_96
lisacormier_96
Canada
2009/05/10, 03:28 AM
im having the same problem im 21 had my daughter at 19 i was 125-130 before i got pregnant after a balooned to 185 but ive been abble to get dow to 166 and i still feel deformed my stamch is taking forever to flatten im hardly seing a difrence i just dunno lol i just keep eating healthy try to keep motivated to exercise witch i fall off the loops alot i get discouraged and feel like im never going to get back to normal again...wat a journey lol :S if annyone has tips to help me please i would love to hear them lol:)