Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Whoa...is this cause for concern?

decidra
decidra
United States
2005/07/05, 12:06 PM
OK, have some questions....
after filling out my profile something just "hit" me...
I think I may have a problem with binge eating. LOL I think my unhealthy eating habits just got a name. Let me just tell you guys what is going on inside my head and what I do and maybe you all can tell me if i need to get some help or if this is something i can correct on my own.

You see my mother was anorexic, in the true sense of the word. She died at 76lbs. The woman never ate! as a child and teenager I followed my mothers eating habits, however when she wasnt home it was time to "PIG OUT" by this I mean raiding the pantry for junk food, which we always had as my father has a huge sweet tooth and eating a whole box of cookies etc....
now at 34, i find myself going days without food ( and i dont feel hungry at all)and existing on coffee. Then it hits me I'm hungry and I eat alot (well what i feel is alot is kinda ummm normal amounts of food-actual meals, with alot of snacking and sweets in between)
I used to be very thin though I find my weight climbing as i get older and i cant believe that I've existed this long doing what I do and not knowing what it is. I just thought I was "different" when it came to food, like i had more control than others over their body...weird huh?

D
vadwear
vadwear
United States
2005/07/20, 07:50 PM
The eating habbits you have are not normal. Honestly, it is my opinion you should seek help and talk to someone before this takes you.. it must be exhausting, you have dealt with this forever from your mom.

It will wreck your metabolism eating the way you do.. talk to someone, a friend, or professional.. good luck, let me know if you need someone to listen.. I will..Lisa:)

--------------
If you are tired of your life, your body, yourSELF.. CHANGE IT!
sivysivy
sivysivy
United States
2005/07/24, 02:32 AM
I think you should talk to someone like Vadwear said.