Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Whey Vs. Protein Matrix

ssminnow
ssminnow
United States
2007/09/23, 08:43 PM
So I posted something similar to this about a week ago asking about Nitrean protein. I dont think the title came off properly, thus no responses, so i am rephrasing it.

I read about a protein called Nitrean that is a protein matrix. They say that Whey has its purpose but just as quickly as it goes in to your muscles, it is gone that quickly too, leaving your muscles with nothing.

They say that your muscles need protein for up to 48 hrs after an intense workout and their combination of whey, egg protein and casein address instant, medium and longer lasting protein needs.

Can anyone comment on the validity of this? I always thought that if you take whey at the same time as a slower digesting protein that the other protein would cause the whey to be digested slower.

Since reading this I am confused on wether straight up whey is the way to go or some type of matrix like nitrean -which can be found here: http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=1

Any comments? Thanks!
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2007/09/26, 02:47 PM
Well.. you are eating/drinking protein at other times of the day too right? So you will be getting it for the 48 hours if you split it up... know what I mean?

--------------
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.---Helen Keller