Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

whey protein

toolman
toolman
Canada
2002/06/21, 01:22 PM
does anyone know about a protein made by webber naturals. Its 90% whey isolate for 23.00 can for a 1 kilo can.And should I take L glutimin
nobull
nobull
United States
2002/06/24, 02:14 PM
I've never heard of Webber Naturals, but for 90% of non-competitive bodybuilders out there, whey isolates are a waste of money. Don't get me wrong, if you have the bucks, then why not get a higher protein product? Quality whey isolates cost about double whey concentrates. Why isolates are about 85% protein, whereas concentrates are 75-80% protein. You do the math and figure out the cost differential.
For competitive bodybuilders looking for every last edge, the extra tiny amount of protein might make the difference. Not for the rest of us.
Also, isolates, being low in fat means you get less microfractions. Also many of the microfractions found only in way require some fat for absorption. This is why whey concentrates have better microfraction profiles (e.g., glycomacropeptides, lactoferrin) than isolates.
Unless you're a competitive bodybuilder, stick to concentrates, and yes, add some pure L-glutamine powder to it for best results.
That's my opinion.
nobull