Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

When to eat with evening soccer games?

jorax
jorax
United States
2007/12/10, 06:48 PM
Hi folks, I am currently in the process of improving my diet, but am curious when and how much I should be eating on days I have soccer. My games are anywhere from 6pm to 10pm (2 nights each week). Generally I don't eat before early games and have a normal dinner. For late games I've been trying to have a snack to tide me over (cottage cheese, walnuts, fruit) and then a lighter dinner. A full dinner (or even just a chicken breast) seems to be too much before a game and I don't perform well. Suggestions?
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2007/12/11, 05:30 PM
There is nothing wrong with eating after so if you need fuel and need to keep it light I see nothing wrong with a banana and glass of milk with whey in it!

Some will shout it is to late in the day for a banana and I say hogwash your on your way to play soccer so a banana might just be what you need!

You can also do a slice of toast with All Natural Peanut butter on it and the glass of milk and whey!

What you need is a energizing snack with some protein like whey or just plain milk and then after you eat a meal!

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!