Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

What supplements are right?

gdgrl4now
gdgrl4now
United States
2007/04/07, 05:12 PM
Ok I guess I am going to need some help here. I am new to this and not sure what is good and what is not. I have done all the reading on the interent but that tends to be misleading to me I guess. I am currently at 230lbs and want to drop a lot of weight. I know it will take time, good diet, exercise. What I want to know is what I should be taking as a good supplement. Any suggestions?
jaytori129
jaytori129
United States
2007/04/08, 12:31 AM
NOTHING! IN MY OPINION: Supplements are used for gaining lean body mass...not lossing the fat...I tried fat burners in addition to eating clean and exercise all it got me was an abnormal ekg and stress tests. If you are trying to drop serious weight eat really clean...And I mean super clean...I am getting good weight loss now and only thing I have change from when i was not was cutting alot of red meat out upping my protien intake with low fat lower carbs...i.e. lots of fish and chicken, and protien shakes...the kind with next to no fat and sugar...mine is 1g fat 1g sugar 19g protien only 100 cals
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2007/04/08, 01:43 AM
Extra Protein (Whey and or Casein)
Multi Vitamins
Fish Oil Pills (Omega 3's not 3,6's and not 3,6,9's)
Extra Vitamin C
Sublingual B Complex

Once you have been lifting for 8 months to a year then you can add in Creatine (Creatine Ester Ethyl is a great choice)

To aid in fat burn for lets say 2 to 3 months
Green Tea Extract Pills
Apple Cider Vinegar
Grapefruit

All these have played a positive roll for me and if you notice all is natural.

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
fouts
fouts
United States
2007/04/08, 06:25 PM
Buy a smoothie maker and make smoothies for breakfast. They changed my life! I use fresh strawberries, one banana, no fat yogurt(make sure it's low in sugar too), 1 Tblspn flax seed oil, 1 scoop mega green(fruit and veggie powder that I get at GNC), 1 scoop whey protein powder, and ice. I drink them every morning and it gives me energy to start out my day and I feel great. Eating right is the first step in my opinion. It gives you the energy and drive to work out. I don't know anyone who wants to work out after a big mac! Just eat 5-6 small meals a day and make sure they are clean and exercise as much as you feel like you can. Shoot for 3-5 times a week. If you find yourself at a fast food restaurant (in this fast paced lifestyle today sometimes we have no choice!) pick the item that is the most healthy of the group. You can print out a list of healthy fast food choices on mensfitness.com. Just try your best to stay away from them. The changes will come quicker than you think. Just stay away from the scale for at least 2 months! You're body weight fluctuates when you begin exercising so it can be discouraging if you look at the scale everyday and see this. I think you should stay away from supplements. Every fat loss pill on the market says they will only work with diet and exercise. The diet and exercise is what is taking the weight off not the pills! Just get motivated and you can succeed! Good Luck!
Gupunkitar2004
Gupunkitar2004
United States
2007/04/09, 08:38 PM
supplements are good if taken corrcetly. These are my list of core most have supps.
-Amino acids
-creatine
-fishoil
-multi-vitamin
-whey protein(if not enough time to get in good protein intake)
Just remember supplements are just that a supplement. They are meant to give the edge not to substitute for a good diet, just like I said they are a extra kick to that
poisonapple
poisonapple
United States
2007/04/19, 09:15 AM
I'm confused too on supplements. I work out with weights 4 times a week, cardio 5 and currently weigh 142 at 5'6. I still want to lose that last 10 lbs. I still have lots of body parts that too me are like jello. Do I want weight loss supplements or lean muscle supplements? Do I even want supplements??

--------------
Grumpy: Angel, ha! She\'s a female! And all females is poison! They\'re full of wicked wiles!
Bashful: What are wicked wiles?
Grumpy: I don\'t know, but I\'m agin\' \'em.
fouts
fouts
United States
2007/04/19, 01:28 PM
You want reduced calories not supplements. Realize what the goal is you are shooting for and eat accordingly. It's the only way. This along with resistance training and cardio will get you where you want to be. The only supplements I would recommend to you are whey protein and maybe flax seed oil, but even these should be used sparingly when trying to lose weight.