Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

what should I do?

assante74
assante74
United States
2003/06/30, 05:39 PM
Most important I love working out and doing sports, but I seem to get burned out very quickly. I tend to always find an excuse why not to go that day. I was wondering what is it? or Should I try different things to keep me interested? Let me know?
timbaland
timbaland
United States
2003/06/30, 06:38 PM
What time do you normally go to the gym? Early in the morning or after work or some other time. I used to go after work but that never worked out as I was always too tired and stressed to lift. Try lifting at another time.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/06/30, 10:14 PM
You have to make it your lifestyle along with good diet. It's a way of life, not just a fad. Make it a priority and get motivated, you will see, it will soon become a habit.
Perhaps you don't give yourself time to rest, possibly resulting in burn out.

--------------
You can walk to anywhere you want, it only takes time.

Ivan Montreal Canada (aka SpongeBob Square Pants to some!)
tarab21
tarab21
United States
2003/06/30, 10:52 PM
yeah a rest helped me when I lost motivation. I got sort of sluggish and was ready to get back in shape after a few days. Treat yourself to some fitness mags, buy a new pair of shoes, a new workout shirt, or something else to get you excited about the gym. I'm experiencing the same thing as you right now and I'm sort of forcing myself through workouts, but I believe that motivation will come back soon enough.
richardjst
richardjst
United States
2003/06/30, 11:15 PM
Motivation=Dedication...enough said.

--------------
Diet- Only take what you need...There is no fine line between want and need, there is the whole continent of South America.~Dick
plfitness
plfitness
United States
2003/06/30, 11:42 PM
For those of us who have chosen the persuit & education of fitness our journey is a very long one indeed. Our goals go far beyond simply "tonning up" or "getting stonger", our goals are the type that require years or even a lifetime to achieve. We all know the pitfalls that can catch someone even when they are going for a simple goal, so how do we as devoted professionals find the motivation to overcome the many obsticals ahead? Personally I feel that much like our diet & training habits, that our lives too must have diversity in order for us to stay focused & achieve our objectives. Sometimes we become too narrow sighted & fixated on our goals to obtain the perfect physique or in our quest for additional knowledge, & this in itself can be extremely detrimental to our overall goals. I myself tend to obsessively focus on my education & training to the point that I am completely on edge & have trouble concentrating, so what is the solution? I feel the solution is simple, sometimes we must slow down & take time to just live ,without worring about whether or not our training is adequate our if we took in too many calories at dinner. The problem with too much focus is that eventually we get tired of chasing a goal that never seems to get any closer. One of my favorite analogies goes as so;
1. Driving down a long straight highway may be the quickest way from one place to another, however time will seem to slow & the trip will feel like it takes for ever. On the other hand the scenic country roads may take longer but the sights you see & the things you experience are so fascinating that time seems to fly by & before you know it you have arrived at your destination.

Point being; life is a journey, above all else enjoy the trip.

--------------
\\"Knowledge & persistence is all one needs to succeed\"\
---Patrick L.
assante74
assante74
United States
2003/07/01, 10:27 AM
thank you plfitness
plfitness
plfitness
United States
2003/07/01, 11:33 AM
You're very welcome.

--------------
\\"Knowledge & persistence is all one needs to succeed\"\
---Patrick L.
dahayz
dahayz
United States
2003/07/01, 11:44 AM
Yes, a very good post pl.
richardjst
richardjst
United States
2003/07/01, 04:25 PM
Wow, you can apply that to more than just weights. Nifty.

--------------
Diet- Only take what you need...There is no fine line between want and need, there is the whole continent of South America.~Dick