Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Well, Hello everyone!

Azazel
Azazel
United States
2002/05/27, 11:18 PM
Hi... well, as yo should have already guessed, Im new here and simply wanted to introduce myself.

Also, Im not only new to this forum but also new to the world of "Getting off the seat and actually exercising", so I would like to make a question. Im only 18, will exercising affect my growth, and that goes for ALL my growings parts (hope that was not rude)???? Also, say I went to a local fitness store, should I buy some products, Vitamins, etc, cosidering that my intendtion is to develop my muscles and "fix" my belly??? If so, what should I look for??

See ya around!
Robert
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/28, 09:02 AM
It shouldn't really do anything to your growth.. there were some topics on stunted growth in the past related to squatting.. but at 18 I would assume that your near if not at the height you'll be for a while... but other than that I don't think i've ever seen (someone else probably has.. I haven't seen all that much) anything that said regular exercise has adverse effects on body parts... the benefits would probably heavily outweight any negatives anyway... A good diet (ft nutrition tracker) and exercise should help you 'fix' your belly (and cardio in the morning).. I don't know about the supplements though.. try poking around the supplement board for some ideas though...
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/05/28, 02:47 PM
Hey Robert, welcome. Fireloard is correct, you needn't worry about stunting or in any way adversely affecting your growth by working out. Please fill out your profile so that we can see what exactly you want to achieve.
As for supplements, I would recommend you get the ball rolling a little first. Get comfortable with your program and new nutrition plan, do some research, and then implement a supplement regimen. No matter what though, I always take a good multivitamin.

Good luck,

Ischjli
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/05/28, 03:04 PM
Yes, welcome to ft, Robert!

Sounds like pretty good advice from the others. At your age, you should try without supplements. But, adopting a good multivitamin is always good advice...

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
Azazel
Azazel
United States
2002/05/28, 07:26 PM
Hey guys, thanx for the advice... Already feeling good here... see you around!

Robert