Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Warm up routine

gtarek
gtarek
Canada
2004/01/05, 12:18 PM
Hey guys... I'm new to this community so nice to meet you all. I was wondering if there is a general some 10-20 min overall warm up for most if not all muscles. I'd rather get a list of things to do, other than just jogging, or if it depends which part I'm gonna work out, a list for each body part. Dunno if you know what I mean, but I certainly do.. Haha, thanx a lot.

--------------
Keep your head up, no matter what; there is only one way up... TK
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/01/05, 04:44 PM
well it depends on what i'm doing...........for bench press i like to do back excercises and light chest excercises to warm up. i'll do 18 reps of 125 and 20 reps on t bar machine with 45lbs, then do 185 for about 12 reps, then add another 45 and do 10 reps i cound that as a a warm up set then i go into my working sets of 225 and 250
for legs light jogging is ok, jumproing is nice too,.... but i liek to do hack squats or below parallel squats( smith machine) for 3 sets of light weight no more than 225lbs this gets my legs nice and limber and stretched and full of blood, for shoulder i start my workout with up right rows for 5 sets, then do shrugs or lateral raises, so the shoulder complex is nice and warm......i don't really warm up or stretch i just pick excercises that are light or non joint orriented to hurt them only to get blood flowing to them, for warm up sets though always try and stay in the 15 or 12s for reps , the gaol is not the weight for strength just to get blood to that area of the body.....hope this helps a lil....and just so u knwo i have never hurt or sprained somthing doing my workouts liek this ever

--------------
---andrew.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2004/01/07, 11:51 AM
Light cardio just to get the blood pumping, followed by light stretching. Then, the first exercise set I do is usually with light weights. From there, the weights get progressively heavier.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!