Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Trying Something New

snelson7
snelson7
United States
2012/06/28, 04:47 PM
Hi There,

I decided to try something new today by joining this community.  My overall goal is to live a healthier lifestyle that involves weight management, strength training and endurance.  My problem is that by the time I get home from a long commute I lose my motivation to get off the couch and exercise.  

-Sarah
DebBrick
DebBrick
United States
2012/07/12, 08:50 AM
I understand completely!!
 Try this, You know your routine once you get home, put up posted notes. Like "Did you remember to drink your water? Do you need some more now?"  In the Kitchen Have one that reads something like " What is your healthiest choice for a snack?" I don't believe in doing it all at once, but make tiny changes to your routine, and baby steps. Motivation will come.

When I walk in the door I go to my room and get my gym bag and grab my binder so I can fill out my workout regimine and it helps me to know what my goals are for that day. Some fill out for the week , but I find that looking at it everyday gives me more of a push to my goal than it being filled out in advance. Then I have a talk with myself about how I can do this (that days goal). .... Baby steps :)