Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Trying Again

Pythagoras78
Pythagoras78
United States
2014/10/12, 03:00 PM
I am a 58 year olf male, 6'3" and about 245lbs.  I have been relatively sedentary for about 10 years, no major exercise work.  In the past, I have tried gyms and health clubs and found that I can maintain an attention span to exercise for about three weeks then my interest waines and I give up, part because of the pain associated with excercise and simply the motivation needed to keep going.  I am looking to give it a try again with the following goals.  1) Lose a minimum of 30 lbs 2) increase my stamina, 3) improve my strength, 4) improve my endurance.  I have no idea what these goals my look like except for the weight loss.  I also race automobiles competitively and I am finding that my stamina and strength to do so is dropping off significantly.  I also want to learn to eat better and need help with the appropriate diet.  Simply put, I want to get into better shape overall.  I don't need ripped abs ar a body builders physique. I simply want a program that doesn't cause an incredible amount of pain, can be done at home, gets me into shape, increases my stamina and endurance, and improves my overall health.  Any suggestions on how I achieve this are most welcome.  Thanks, Chris