Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Tips of decreasing body fat???

apraschil
apraschil
United States
2006/03/27, 09:01 PM
Hi, I am new to this site and have found it very informative. My main goal here is to lose body fat. I have decent muscle underneath this little layer of fat which I am determined to get rid of. By way of a scale I figure it to amount to about 5-10 lbs. I do cardio about 4x a week, 45-60 mins., I train with weights, all the major body parts(with the exception of legs which I guess I should start). I usually eat healthy avoiding fried and processed foods....and sugar, to the best of my ability!

Anyway, I am looking for a good outline of a diet. Lately I have been eating yogurt with Kashi cereal (high in soy protein and fiber) for breakfast, salad with chicken breast for lunch and usually a balanced dinner. If I have bread, it's not white, if I have pasta, it's wheat. I try to drink a couple cups of skim milk a day for the protein, vitamins, etc. I guess what I am getting at is...should carbs be avoided after a certain time? Should more meat protein be included instead of soy?

Thanks for any info you all can pass along!
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/03/27, 10:48 PM
First of all, welcome to FT! This is one of the most visited topics here probably. Since your new I suggest going to the specific diet and nutrition forum and just start browsing the threads there, pay particular attention to "grocery list for healthy eating", it contains foods that you should base your whole diet around. Typically carbs past 7 or 8 is not recommended. I would say eat more healthy whole sources of protein. You'll see when you check out the list. Good luck, and again, welcome to Tt!!!

--------------
Hungry and mean!