Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Time to try something new.

no_more_moobs
no_more_moobs
United States
2012/05/09, 03:29 PM
Hello, all!

I just discovered this site, and I am pretty excited about it; particularly, the exercise/workout planner. I've tried a few other sites in the past, including My Fitness Pal to track my intake, as well as the companion site for The Hacker's Diet to track statistics and exercise. I'm *really* hoping I can keep working with this site -- my biggest problem is followthrough. I'll follow a program for a while, then just disappear.

Ideally, I'm hoping I find a good group and maybe a member or two that will help me hold myself accountable.

Regardless, I'm almost 30, I've been obese since childhood (morbidly for the last several years), and on Friday, I'm going in to the doctor to review some lab results where he is surely going to tell me that I'm now diabetic.

Bariatric surgery is a possibility, but it will be a minimum of 6 months before that is possible, and there's a 95% chance that my position at work will be terminiated in 4-5 months, and my health insurance with it. I simply cannot afford to procrastinate or ignore my health any more.