Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

teens differ from adults for nutrition?

EGChic207
EGChic207
United States
2002/05/01, 10:13 PM
hey im a 13 year old girl but i look like im 17 with my body height and im really really really athletic....n i lift weights (ok who cares:)) but when FT suggests that you should have ____ calories a day, would that be diferent from teenagers? because teenagers need alot more calories and they are constantly burning calories... can someone help me out here? thanks!
tiffany
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/01, 10:35 PM
Hrmm.. I would assume that FT would take that into account for your age as most formula's for calculating the amount of calories you need in a day usually involve your age (like some BMR formulas).. It depends on what your trying to do.. if your already fit and trying to slim down your probably going to be losing muscle and fat at the same time.. while if your trying to gain muscle then ft probably suggests more calories than you currently take in.. its hard to answer your question though.. try to fill out your profile and say what your goals are.. maybe how many calories or what you currently eat and what ft suggests...