Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Teen and Weight Loss

juliebibby
juliebibby
Canada
2006/04/24, 09:56 AM
Hey,
My name is Julie and i'm 18 years old. I have struggled with my weight for about 5 years, pretty much as i entered highschool. Gradulally, my weight increased and i cannot find ways to loose it- lack of willpower- exercising etc.
I really want to go ahead and start loosing some weight before i head off to college- i am not disgusted with the way i look- more the fact that i want to be able to shop and fit into clothes. I'm 5"2 and weigh 176lbs. Most of my weight is in my upper legs, and thighs, as well as my stomach and "love handles"- my stomach is flat though, but does not look apealing to me! Any ideas for exercising and healthy diet that will help me?

--------------
Julie Bibby
slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2006/04/24, 11:12 PM
Hello Julie,
Here is what I know from experience. When you move away to go to college, eating healthier and having the willpower to watch your diet only gets worse! Froshman 15:surprised: it does happen....
Getting into healthier habbits now, may help you stick with your goals while away at school. Start with small changes, such as walking, bikeriding, and cutting out unnecessary things out of your diet such as soda. Try to watch your portion sizes. Start off with small changes, this will give you more energy and more willpower to build up to bigger and better things.
Creating a list of goals for yourself also helps. Creating specific goals will keep you focused on what it is you are trying to do. Actually making up a list of goals and your plans to achieve them will give u a better chance to live up them and make them a reality.
And remember...while you are in college, just cuz all your friends are eating pizza and fries every day, doesnt mean it is ok for you to do the same!!!
Good luck, hope you can achieve your goals!
bigostomach
bigostomach
United States
2006/05/13, 10:00 PM
Sup,
name's Tyler. I'm a thirteen year old boy. i'm 5'4'' and weight 235 lbs. How can i lose a decent amount of weight over the summer?
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/05/15, 09:23 AM
Hi Tyler

During the summer,play as many sports as you can...ride your bike everywhere,play some street hockey..anything that gets you outside and moving..
slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2006/05/16, 07:36 PM
Tyler,
Try talking to your parents about wanting to loose weight. Maybe they can help you make some healthier food choices. However, many times it is the parents to blame for unhealthy lifestyles. Try drinking less soda, or better off, stop drinking it completely.
Also, if you watch a lot of TV or video games, try and cut back, and get outdoors and be active. If your parents can afford it, and you are interested in a certain sport sign up for a summer league team.
Good luck!
PerfectDream
PerfectDream
United States
2006/06/11, 07:13 PM
Well you weight less than me :cool:
AaronWiggles
AaronWiggles
United States
2006/06/12, 10:33 AM
To anyone that wants to lose weight i suggest running, yea it takes work, but i lost 80+ lbs in less than 6months, havent heard of a supplement that will do that for ya... lol and guess what? IT COSTS LESS THAN THE PILLS lol...

sorry if i seem hyper or somethin, im pretty happy i got my picture on here...

--------------
-Aaron