Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Suggestions 4 Developing Inner Chest

saurabhsahu
saurabhsahu
India
2003/10/21, 07:42 AM
Hi ! Can someone suggest me effective methods of developing inner chest. The exercise must include use of only bumbells, barbells and incline-recline benches (because thats what I have available at home.)

--------------
~ No Pain - No Gain ~
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2003/10/22, 03:46 PM
best way i can think of is using the dumbells an ddoing some flys , the key to this would be the stretch and trey to aslmost get ur hands on the ground and pull them back up from ur inner chest, close grip benches r said to work inner chest but most concider it a tricep excercise. but u can cange ur grips width on the bench barbell, like start out side shoulder with for 2 sets, come in about 4 ins and do 2 more sets, come in another 4 in or so and do 3 more sets keep going til ur almost doing a close grip bench, then fo a real kicker start in and work ur way out.
mikedesa1
mikedesa1
Canada
2003/11/17, 12:53 PM
I would suggest Rib Cage expansion. It's primary purpose is to build the chest along the rib cage. It makes for a fuller looking chest.
big_j_scf
big_j_scf
United States
2003/11/18, 12:42 PM
This is an article from musclegaintips.com:

"QUESTION: I’ve been training for a few months and I’m seeing some good progress,but I can’t seem to develop my inner pecs. I want to isolate that area. What exercise will help me sculpt my pecs and build more inner pec size?

ANSWER: There is no such thing as inner or out pectoral muscles. That's a myththat will not die. The Pectoralis Major (pecs) are comprised of two main muscles, the clavical head and the sternal head. The sternal head is what we normally are referring to when we say “pecs”. It’s a large, wide muscle that spans from your arm pit to your middle chest area or sternum. It is NOT divided into inner and outer areas. When you perform a lift like bench presses, the muscle contracts as a whole. You can't just isolate that one area.

Different exercises may "feel" different, but because they put different emphasis on supporting muscles. Your chest is still contracting the same -- the entire muscle working together.

The shape that the muscle takes when worked is due to the natural shape of YOUR muscle -- not from a specific exercise. You cannot change the natural shape of your muscle. As your pec muscles get larger, they will have more definition and size, but the shape and look will remain distinctly your own."
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2003/11/26, 02:04 PM
yes the pecs are one large muscle, but ...........i can tell flys are working my inner chest more so than bench presses do to the stretch so i think u can help the inner c hest area out but not drastically,

--------------
---andrew.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!