Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Stuck on what should and shouldnt eat

Drae
Drae
Canada
2003/01/09, 02:12 AM
i gt so many people saying so many differant ways to deat when trying to loss the weight to leran and trim up, wha tis the best possible way to loss the weight fast but safe hehehe...

i am 225 5'11, and am 29 wanan start triming down sise i have a good body mass alrdy so i want to be trim and look good especialy my abs
erirvine
erirvine
United Kingdom
2003/01/14, 09:07 AM
Firstly I take it you want to lose fat not weight? I have been 165lb with a 34inch waist and 165lb with a 29inch waist. Weight loss is easy but bad for you, starvation and over-exercise. Dropping the fat but keeping the muscle is more tricky and slower but the only way to do things healthy. I guess you already know most of this but its worth summarising:-

Fat loss can only come from eating a good diet and exercising.
Cardio vascular work is particularly good, as you can burn of lots of calories.
Fat loss is non-specific – don’t matter where you burn the calories the fat comes of all the same.
Eat small meals regularly, large meals means your body stores excess energy as fat, which it dose not like to relinquish latter.
Avoid unnecessary fats and sweet drinks remember a can of pop (or bottle of beer) has ~150 calories a glass of water has none, and that steaks almost as good with the fat cut of (before cooking) and grilled rather than fried.
Don’t have heavy meals (or lots of beers - sorry) before going to bed, when your sleeping those calories get put on as fat that again is hard to then lose.
Eat lots of fresh fruit and veg, keeping the system clean and having the right vitamins and minerals always helps.
Drink lots – when you drink less the body tries to store more water giving the appearance of a larger fat layer.
Weight loss should always be done slowly, fast loss is normally put straight back on. This fluctuation is bad for you health, changing bad habits can last a lifetime.

And good luck, this is a time where lots of people try to lose weight so going down the gym is less pressure. In a months time those who are still there will be those who changes habits rather than look for quick fixes they can’t live with.