Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

squat problems

iburyu
iburyu
United States
2011/04/04, 10:55 AM
Okay I'm frustrated. I'm 55 yrs old, last week I doubled a 300 pound full squat which I have been working on for quite some time. A week later I go to warm up with 135 and can't even get down with it. It seems like it is really difficult to warm up my knees to get into a full squat. I do get some pain in my knees going up and down stairs. Really aggravating because I want to get stronger. Is this just my age starting to mess with me or am I waiting too long between squat workouts? I'm just at a loss for what to do. I'm new here so I hope I'm not out of line. Thanks
2011/04/24, 08:03 PM
Dont get discouraged after one bad workout. It happens. There could be any number of causes for the problem.

Could be an issue with warm up, flexibility, waiting too long between sets, even something as stupid as not drinking enough water.

You may also want to start doing exercises like TKEs to warm up your knees(look up the exercise on youtube if unfamiliar).

I also suggest video taping your squat workout to check for proper lift mechanics and/or any changes.