Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

split feel during deadlift

2004/12/04, 05:50 AM
Wonder if anyone has had this...but when I deadlift...I tend to feel it in my right side of lower back...but barely if at all on my left side....i tried to flex left side and for that I need to step on a plate...ie elevate my leg...my right arch is slightly collapsed...but ironically enough i feel the muscle on left side if i step on the plate or elevate leg with left not right foot...as would make sense since the arch is slightly lower...i am wondering if this might create/has created a disbalance in my muscle?
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/12/04, 09:14 AM
maybe its the WAY your deadlifting?...its it the side with the pronated grip?

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.

2004/12/04, 01:56 PM
it's on my left side...where hand goes over the bar...
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/12/04, 07:39 PM
if somthing is wrong with your feet( fallen arch) it messes with your entire body, same with the back.....is your left side your dominate side? I tend to lean more so with my right on certain lifts, since its more dominate.

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/12/04, 07:42 PM
IF your right side is lower than your left, due to a fallen arch, then your body maybe seeing thats as a "weaker" side. Therefore leading withthe left. SInce the left is" higher up" than the right.......YOu could be uncontiously "pulling" towards thats side, since its "normal" an dnot injured.....only a thought.

--------------

2004/12/05, 07:09 AM
could be....tho generally speaking right is my dominant side...this is a weird situation