Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

spare time what's your hobbie?

2blonde4u
2blonde4u
Canada
2002/11/23, 10:55 PM
recently i ended a longterm relationship and would like to try something new. any advice on physical activities that are interesting, other than swimming tennis....
chris789
chris789
United States
2002/11/24, 09:26 PM
There are all sorts of things that you can find as a hobby. You could start a weight workout routine or something like that, but you need to tell us what kind of stuff are you looking for exactly, also your age and stuff like that.

--------------
"Some people call it insanity, I call it intensity"
skinnyrobin
skinnyrobin
Germany
2002/11/25, 03:05 AM
i'm sure karate will help you. you should check it out.
its a very demanding and interesting sport. demanding in a good way, coz it takes your mind
off things and pushes you to your limits and builds up your motivation. don't think your goiing to get hurt in it or anything
-you have to be very disciplined during karate.
-and if u don't want to fight against others (kumite), u can allways just do the moves (kata).
do traditional karate rather than sport karate.
traditional karate: shotokan karate.
just go to one training and you'll see what i mean.
many books on 'shotokan karate' will also guide you.

windsurfing is another sport that i personally love! its easy to learn (while on your holidays
u can 'rent' a teacher for an hour to show u the basic moves).
it is just super cool if u love water.
just gliding over the blue water in the sunshine along a beach-wow!
i strongly advise u to 'rent' a teacher first for and hour (or more) to show u everything. its very
difficult to start off by yourself-with the balancing and everything-and when u develop a bad habit
it's difficult to lose it....
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/11/25, 12:27 PM
There are other, more non-combative physical exercises you can look into such as yoga and tai-chi. Hope you have enough suggestions here to get you going...good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!