Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Some question......please...

roockieca
roockieca
Canada
2002/05/02, 08:52 PM
Hi all, great forum..

1) I would like to know when is it better to train ( i have the home training program ) before dinner, after ? And if after would it be 1 hours or more later ?

2) Repetition is to be respected? Let say i have 15/15/12/10 so 4 sets, if i do 10/10/10/10 is it ok? Or is my effort wortless, i want to lose weight and gain some muscle, i know i need to train hard, but am i doing it right ?

3) In the data section where you enter the reps and weight..I dont know what to add into weight.... except for the curl exercise i dont use any except gravity!! Not even sure if i understand that part..ehehe...please help!

Thanks guys!
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/02, 09:00 PM
Ok i'll try and give these a shot...

1) You can train any time you want but your body is usually 'most ready' to workout in the morning but if you don't have time then you can workout right after dinner so that way you will have whatever you just ate as energy for your workout.. an exception to that would be if you wanted to do cardio to lose weight...
2) Maybe you could do that starting out if you can't quite make 15 reps of the exercise your working with but you probably want to aim for those higher reps on the first sets to help warm up and really work that muscle.. since your doing the home training program you probably want to aim for the higher reps since you can't really add weight on each set...
3) You can enter anything you want as the weight.. your own body weight or 0 even if you want since your not using any weights.. Just make sure you keep entering values the same way all the way so your charts don't come out all over the place.. an example.. if you start out using your bodyweight for say pullups.. but later get some weights and start doing pullups with an 15 pound dumbell.. your chart would come out way off with some points showing over 100lbs then all of a sudden dipping down to 15... get what I mean?..
roockieca
roockieca
Canada
2002/05/03, 08:38 AM
Thanks fireloard for takin the time to answer my tread!

To question 1 i understood finaly! Thanks, i think i will train as you said, and the time i have rest days i will do Cardio, this way i get to train 5 days a week!

To question 2 it makes much sence, i have been not very careful with my healt these past years, that must be the reason why i get difficultys doing those 15 reps, but i agree the muscle need to get warmed up before i can get it to work. starting on it tonight!

To question 3 i understand but the graphic still does not work. I have been trying to look at my graphic clicking on the muscle area i have done exercise for and..nada..nothing...so any sugestion here is welcome!

Thanks all...again GREAT SITE!! :-)
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/03, 09:40 AM
You have to wait a few weeks before a graph can be done.. I'm not too sure if they graph the home exercise stuff but still.. you can't really make a graph with just one point.. =)
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/05/03, 10:35 AM
Welcome to ft!

First, I would have to disagree on working out AFTER dinner. The reason is because you don't want anything to interfere with your body's digestion process. Also, you want your body to fully concentrate on feeding your muscles while working out. This process interferes with digestion.

Second, you need to hit close to the recommended number of reps. given on your program. With each progressive set, you increase the amount of weights. This is the pyramid system at work.

Third, if you do an exercise without weights, enter 0. However, if you work with a curling bar and no weights, you should enter 5 pounds (most bars typically weigh this much).

Hope this helps...

--------------
**_Robert_**
roockieca
roockieca
Canada
2002/05/03, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the welcome rpacheco....
Then what would you recommend me, train before dinner or train later... how much time after dinner? Sounds good, digestion needs it time, so i think i should train later, but how long after....

The reps even if it kills me i will get them done.....No choice....

Understood for the third point..Thanks guys!
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/03, 02:37 PM

============
First, I would have to disagree on working out AFTER dinner. The reason is because you don't want anything to interfere with your body's digestion process. Also, you want your body to fully concentrate on feeding your muscles while working out. This process interferes with digestion.
=============

Oh.. I always thought it was good to eat something before you workout.. I always eat some oatmeal before my lifting in the morning.. seemed to work out a lot better than the one time I tried when I didn't eat anything (had something to goto so I didn't get breakfast until later).. dun0.. thought it would apply to any time of the day... guess not..
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/05/03, 04:15 PM
It's okay to eat a light, pre-workout meal. However, you should not begin working out for at least 1 hour. I would definitely recommend training before eating dinner.

--------------
**_Robert_**
roockieca
roockieca
Canada
2002/05/03, 04:34 PM
Thanks rpacheco...very appreciated!
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/03, 05:49 PM

============
Quoting from rpacheco:

It's okay to eat a light, pre-workout meal. However, you should not begin working out for at least 1 hour. I would definitely recommend training before eating dinner.

=============

Ah good.. I'll try and eat breakfast a little earlier from now on.. thanks rp